Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/15/2016 12:09:34 PM EDT
Anyone run one of their holsters? Thinking about trying their Raptor. I like that I could carry it anywhere, even appendix with the raptor claw. I would try the Sidecar, but then I would be bound to appendix, and that thing just looks too huge. What are yall's thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Several will chime in on this. TREX is kind  of a hot topic right now. I have the non light bearing Raptor for my G19. Fit is pretty good, I had to adjust the retention to my liking, concealment in the appendix position is excellent. The claw goes a long way in tucking the grip to the waist line. I have not tried it 3-4, I strictly carry Appendix IWB, if i'm carrying at 3-4 its OWB.

I also own several Raven and GCode products as well. The manufacturing quality is higher with the those two, function is the same on all three.

TREX has some cool color options, that is the main reason I chose his company this time around.

My personal opinion is any holster will conceal decent enough. Most people dont even notice a handgun being open carried, it blows my mind.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 1:20:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Have both their Ragnarok and Fenrir for G17.  Quality is excellent.  Customer service and delivery was excellent.  Price was comparable to others.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Several will chime in on this. TREX is kind  of a hot topic right now. I have the non light bearing Raptor for my G19. Fit is pretty good, I had to adjust the retention to my liking, concealment in the appendix position is excellent. The claw goes a long way in tucking the grip to the waist line. I have not tried it 3-4, I strictly carry Appendix IWB
View Quote

This mirrors my experience. The Raptor with claw is excellent for AIWB.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got the raptor for appendix carry, I've never carried like this before and today is day 3 trying it out.

The holster is very nicely made, good retention and it does hide fairly well. I'm trying to get used to appendix carry and so far I'm not for or against it. For me it is still uncomfortable. I drive a lot for work and I'm a service tech in commercial kitchens and bars so it needs to hide well, especially in the summer. I always seem to lift my pants when getting into the vehicle, adjusting when I lean over, and after a few hours it hurts my stomach and upper groin area. These are common issues with appendix carry it seems. I would recommend this holster but if that style carry is new to you then give it a shot, you might like it, you might not.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone run one of their holsters? Thinking about trying their Raptor. I like that I could carry it anywhere, even appendix with the raptor claw. I would try the Sidecar, but then I would be bound to appendix, and that thing just looks too huge. What are yall's thoughts?
View Quote

It is a great AIWB holster but without any adjustable cant, I'm not sure how you will carry it anywhere else.  Does a great job of hiding full size guns as well.

I have a separate mag carrier that rides in the same position as the sidecar would put it but I don't think having them connected would be ideal.  Having the ability for them to move independently helps with the comfort level IMO.  The nice thing about the sidecar is that you only have to grab one thing and you won't get lazy and not carry a spare mag.  I'd rather have the comfort and discipline myself to always grab the spare.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I read a bad review on the Incog eclipse and was scared to try it. I'm new to holsters, would like to try appendix but not married to it.

Do I need adjustable cant to carry elsewhere, like 3 or 4 o'clock?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:26:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Love the Raptor for my G19.  Great holster and really hides the gun well.  Perfect AIWB holster for me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone own both the raptor and eidolon? If so what did you prefer?
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 6:36:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone run the raptor at 3 or 4? How do you like it?
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have been asking this question for a while. I have a 19 that I want to carry I have no idea about holters.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have been asking this question for a while. I have a 19 that I want to carry I have no idea about holters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered one of the first Eidolon Kits in the presale from Raven. I sold it in less than 30 days. I believe it is injection molded plastic, I'm a kydex guy. I just didn't dig it, too rigid. Some guys swear by them though. Its all about personal preference. You'll like what you're used to, no matter what it is.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been using the raptor for about a month now. It hides the gun (full size M&P) well as others have stated. It's my first try with AIWB, and it takes getting used to, but so far I'm liking it. The holster is pretty streamlined with a slim profile in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Any reason I should get the cordura fabric coated version? Does the texture help keep the holster more stable? Not sure why I would want to pay extra for kryptek or multicam if it's hidden IWB.

Also, anyone have a picture of a MAS grey, chocolate, or coyote Trex holster holding an FDE glock?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Does the claw feature serve the same function as the bulge or swell some makers incorporate into their AIWB holsters to press the butt of the pistol into your stomach?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Does the claw feature serve the same function as the bulge or swell some makers incorporate into their AIWB holsters to press the butt of the pistol into your stomach?
View Quote

It does this:

Link
to picture showing AIWB without any claw:
https://www.instagram.com/p/6NozL1gEck/

Link
to picture showing Raptor AIWB WITH claw:
https://www.instagram.com/p/6N0NOzAETi/

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It does this:

Linkto picture showing AIWB without any claw: https://www.instagram.com/p/6NozL1gEck/

Linkto picture showing Raptor AIWB WITH claw: https://www.instagram.com/p/6N0NOzAETi/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It does this:

Linkto picture showing AIWB without any claw: https://www.instagram.com/p/6NozL1gEck/

Linkto picture showing Raptor AIWB WITH claw: https://www.instagram.com/p/6N0NOzAETi/

Thanks for the pics. Looks like an improvement with regards to the butt when using my JM Custom "George" and my G17, but can't tell if the overall concealment may suffer without the built in wedge.

May roll the dice and give one of these a try. There's no way to adapt the claw to my existing holster which may be the best of both.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Any reason I should get the cordura fabric coated version? Does the texture help keep the holster more stable? Not sure why I would want to pay extra for kryptek or multicam if it's hidden IWB.

Also, anyone have a picture of a MAS grey, chocolate, or coyote Trex holster holding an FDE glock?
View Quote

You might find something here.  Lots of their pictures uploaded to this website:  https://www.instagram.com/trexarmskydex/?hl=en

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I follow them on insta. I've looked through almost all the pics and can't find a good MAS grey holding an FDE frame. There are several good ones of coyote holding FDE and I don't think I really like that combo.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Had it for about a week now. Seems like the claw does exactly what it should. I have a Shield in an INCOG and I think I like the Raptor a bit better. No "real" reason... maybe it just the excitement of something new.

Sorry for the huge pics... still working that out

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Double tap

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 3:49:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Had it for about a week now. Seems like the claw does exactly what it should. I have a Shield in an INCOG and I think I like the Raptor a bit better. No "real" reason... maybe it just the excitement of something new. http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p654/gun369fighter/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1777_zps6nfiuujw.jpg

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p654/gun369fighter/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1778_zpspsaqn9cf.jpg

Sorry for the huge pics... still working that out

View Quote

Nice looking holster, and gun. Im still on the fence about my 43, I like it but don't shoot it as well as my other Glocks. I wanted a threaded barrel but don't want to drop the cash on it in case I decide to sell.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I like that.

Anyone else have a raptor and like it? Or have a pic of a MAS grey one?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a Raptor being shipped to me right now for my Glock 19.  I am interested to see how it does as well.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have a Raptor being shipped to me right now for my Glock 19.  I am interested to see how it does as well.  
View Quote

When did you order yours?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

January 14th.  This was much quicker than I expected based on their lead times. But Glock holsters are their bread and butter.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks. I ordered mine on the 13th so hopefully I'm right behind you.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Thanks. I ordered mine on the 13th so hopefully I'm right behind you.  
View Quote
Shipping info says it will be here Friday.  Just in time for my new baseplate as well.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:05:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I like that.

Anyone else have a raptor and like it? Or have a pic of a MAS grey one?
View Quote

A guy that frequents the Glock boards here has one in MAS grey, I think his screenname is Hank something. Sorry I cant remember exactly.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:24:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Just ordered a MAS grey for a g19. Will update when it ships and post pics when I get it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I would definitely replace their belt clip with one from Raven or somebody else. In my experience, clips made from Kydex that pop over a belt and are pulled outward to release will crack and fail eventually.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Does anyone run the sidecar he has with a mag for reloads. I've considered it but that's a pretty good size footprint to manage. I'm 45, 5'11 at about 215 so I don't have much...much of a gut for aiwb and thst is my preferred method of carry. Just curious of anyone else besides an in shape thin 20 something guy does.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just ordered a MAS grey for a g19. Will update when it ships and post pics when I get it.
View Quote

That's what I ordered too. I'm hoping mine ships this week or next.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:10:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Does anyone run the sidecar he has with a mag for reloads. I've considered it but that's a pretty good size footprint to manage. I'm 45, 5'11 at about 215 so I don't have much...much of a gut for aiwb and thst is my preferred method of carry. Just curious of anyone else besides an in shape thin 20 something guy does.
View Quote

Love my sidecars, have one for a 19 and one for my other 19 with light. The holster is curved to match the front of your body, and conceals very well in the appendix position. Im not a big guy either at 6' 190, but im 30 now
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#34]
My Raptor came yesterday.  I took the Raptor claw off.  I have been carrying it Appendix style and at my 3 o'clock.  It works well in both places.  
I like how it can fit my Glock 19 and my Glock 22-17.  

So far I really like it.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Did you not feel the claw worked as advertised?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
I did work, for some reason I just didn't like it.  My plan is to try carrying with and without it and then make a more permanent decision.  

I think carrying appendix style is just tough for me right now.  I can sit down and stuff but I have to do it a bit more slowly.  It is kind of a big change for me.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I did work, for some reason I just didn't like it.  My plan is to try carrying with and without it and then make a more permanent decision.  

I think carrying appendix style is just tough for me right now.  I can sit down and stuff but I have to do it a bit more slowly.  It is kind of a big change for me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.  I have the Raven VG kit with the claw and it really pulls in the butt of my G17.  I'm curious about the TREX stuff for when I want a holster that provides more coverage than the VG.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#38]
hawkeye - that looks awesome. Is that kryptek highlander?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote
It sure is.  I feel it is a nice pattern for Utah.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:17:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was about to ask the same thing, that color looks great with the FDE Glocks. Ill be ordering another one here soon from Trex, and may very well get the Highlander for my FDE 19.

Need to order one for my new Sig first though...it never ends
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#41]
MAS Gray Raptor came in today.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Sweet!

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:51:04 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
What do you think?

Funny we have the same Glock

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I like it a lot so far. It's well made and as others have said the Raptor claw definitely works as intended. I can see myself getting some more of their holsters in different configs.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:36:14 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I like it a lot so far. It's well made and as others have said the Raptor claw definitely works as intended. I can see myself getting some more of their holsters in different configs.
View Quote
I want to try the Raptor with my PPS

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#46]
I like mine even though it's made for a P-09 and not a P-07 like I ordered.  But whether that was intentional or not, I'm not really complaining as I do have plans of picking up a P-09 also.

The claw works well but I'm not sure if I'm sold on AIWB yet.

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I like mine even though it's made for a P-09 and not a P-07 like I ordered.  But whether that was intentional or not, I'm not really complaining as I do have plans of picking up a P-09 also.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1630/25002791396_35fa13ebe9_b.jpg
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1597/24240995971_3be90d2b9d_b.jpg
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1468/24323481185_7c58c2cb2a_b.jpg
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1538/23696653753_ec5c9a784c_h.jpg

View Quote

They have good CS.  Give 'em a call or shoot Lucas an email.  They'll make it right.

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:19:53 AM EDT
[#48]
I've been using my raptor with the claw at my 3 and it actually works there too.  It makes the grip of my Glock 19 stick out much less.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 2:06:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've been using my raptor with the claw at my 3 and it actually works there too.  It makes the grip of my Glock 19 stick out much less.  
View Quote

I would think the claw would really work no matter where it was worn. I bet that wearing it at 3 oclock puts more stress on the claw piece though since that part of the body is really rounded compared to the appendix position.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 7:21:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1630/25002791396_35fa13ebe9_b.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1597/24240995971_3be90d2b9d_b.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1468/24323481185_7c58c2cb2a_b.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1538/23696653753_ec5c9a784c_h.jpg

View Quote

Super weird question, but do you just have like a tiny waist or something? I just ask because that pistol looks huge in relation to your body lol
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top