Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2015 11:21:58 AM EDT
I see two different mods for this excluding the red dots and that is supressor sites in front of the red dot or behind. I would think behind the dot would be easier to align a proper sight picture faster, relying more on the irons to aim and then likely picking up the dot. With them in front though maybe it is just as fast or natural. Thoughts from those with experience would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Shot my buddies CORE around 50 rounds and it seems slower than irons.
Sight in front allows you to hook sight and cycle slide one handed using irons rather than red dot.
It would be interesting to set up longer term study with a number of shooters with different backgrounds.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:24:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Sage Dynamics has a good video on YouTube going over the difference in sights mounted forward/rear of the red dot and his preferences, give it a look.

I personally run mine in the standard position behind the red dot, and haven't had any problems transitioning to using the dot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top