Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2015 2:20:08 PM EDT
Ladies and Gents:

I had the opportunity to review a set of night sights from AmeriGlo and thought I would share the results here:

Brand - AmeriGlo
Model - Pro I-dot
MSRP - 120.00 (Can be found for less if you shop around)
Host gun - S&W Shield 9mm

IMPORTANT! - AmeriGlo Strongly recommends professional installation and will not warrant sights that are damaged due to improper installation, abuse, or neglect.

These sights use Trijicon inserts and are clearly marked. They have a nice balanced glow that is not overpowering but really begins to come out in low light situations when the sights could normally begin to wash out.

Two dot configuration - I love the Heine or straight 8 configuration instead of the 3 dots.  It seems more natural and seems to make target acquisition faster

High visibility front post - I really like that the front dot has a high visibility red/orange ring around it to greatly increase visibility in daytime hours.

Excellent customer service.

Dislikes:

I had/have some concerns about the durability of the front sight post. I have installed several sets of night sights in the past and have always used a brass punch to very carefully drift the sights into place. However when I installed these I found that the next night the front sight was approximately half the brightness it initially had been and the following night was almost completely dark.

After reaching out to AmeriGlo and providing pics and an explanation they replaced the front sight for me and explained that this is not the norm but explained that they do recommend the use of a sight pusher instead of the use of a punch.

Overall:

Even with the issue with the front sight I am still going to give this one 5/5 stars and would recommend these to anyone looking for night sights.

Video review can be found here:

https://youtu.be/WxdiICv-9A4
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I put a set on my Glock 19 a couple months ago. I absolutely LOVE them.  Like you, I give them a 5/5. I'll wait till I get a sight pusher because I have read that the sights on the Shields are REALLY TIGHT, but I'll probably end up with a set of them on my Shield as well. I can't emphasize just how much better they are than the stock Glock sights and how much I love them.

Bub75
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#2]
These were on my glock 43 when I bought it last Saturday. Brand new gun. Got it home and that night noticed the front sight was almost completely dark.
Contacted Ameriglo and they sent me an RA number. But its a bummer I have to send them my sight and wait for a new one.
But they do look great
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]
My favorite sights I've used. Got them on my 19 and 26.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My favorite sights I've used. Got them on my 19 and 26.
View Quote

This !!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a set enroute for my G17.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Just put a set on my g17 the other day. Haven't shot with them yet, but based on just goofing around in the house I'm loving them. The orange paint in the front really blazes and it's easy to pick up due to the wide notch. I did use a nylon punch to drift in the rear though.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Got the GL 301's on my G4 G19.  AWESOME!  Found them on ebay, New, for $75!  The 301's are Green/Green.  BEST sights I own!
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Love em...have them on a 26,23,29 and 30
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:41:51 PM EDT
[#9]
OST.

Pulling the trigger on these or the "Big Dot" sights soon, for my shield.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:51:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Put these on my shield a couple weeks ago.  So far I have been very happy with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top