Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/27/2015 8:17:59 PM EDT
Whose got one already? Where did you get it from?

Any pictures of how it fits on pistols other than a Glock 19 as it was designed...

I'm hopefully going to run it on an M&P 9 Fullsize, my EDC. So any pictures of that setup would be greatly appreciated.

Mine is on order from optics planet.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Bueller?
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Bueller?
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I am in the same boat. Backordered from OP.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like they are shipping from SKD. Got the product notification today. Hopefully won't be long until shipping from OP.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got one coming!  

I've been checking the interwebz every couple of days.  Just happen to find one listed on Amazon for $325.  So, I found the website of that Amazon seller and they had two in stock for $269.  (Shoot Straight in FL).  Never delt with them before, but I took a chance.  Sure enough, less than an hour later I had a FEDEX ship notice.

I can throw it on a 1911, a P226, and a P229.  I'll post pics when I get it.

BTW...  SKDTAC has them in stock RIGHT NOW.  They won't last long, though.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Received mine yesterday. Very similar beam to the X200B (except the XC-1 beam is slightly wider).

Looks like it's designed to accommodate a DG switch at some time in the future (judging by the amount of space between the back plate and the trigger guard on my G19).

Requires two hands to operate -- you can't even turn it constant-on with one hand. Once you get over that hump, I do like the support-side thumb activation motion of the momentary (only) switch. It's rocker vs the x300 which actually pivots/pushes in.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
$215.28 shipped from optics planet. Mine shipped today. 12 more in stock at that price.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 2:05:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 3:35:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$215.28 shipped from optics planet. Mine shipped today. 12 more in stock at that price.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered one.  I looked at them previously at Optics Planet and figured the coupon code would be for other lights (something not as newly released/desirable).  It surprised me when it actually worked.  Too good of a deal to pass up especially since it's in stock and most places I've seen are charging around $270 (+ s/h?).
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Any thoughts on the brightness / beam pattern on these?  Similar to a Scout with an equivalent lumen rating?
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I want one.

A lot.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Just ordered mine from Optics Planet
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I just ordered mine from them as well. Looking forward to trying it out on my G19. Anyone else get theirs in?
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:33:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just ordered mine from Optics Planet
View Quote

I got mine for $199 shipped btw...........apparently if you add it to cart and let it sit in there for a day or so, they automatically drop it from $269 to $249 plus  the FLASH20 code still applies

Its supposed to get here Saturday, then it goes right back out in the mail to Gunners Custom Holsters, who will be using it to design some sick minimal Kydex IWB's
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#17]
XC1 arrived, thing is pretty much made for the G19. Nice little unit, plenty bright for inside a home / building / and CCW distances. No hot spot so not much of a throw, just flood. Indoor pic about 12 yards, room was pitch black. Outdoor back yard pic was about 35 yards away to chair, it was pitch black. Outdoor front of house pic was about 25 yards way, it was dark to where you couldnt see the steps

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#18]

How wide is the light compared to the frame and slide?  Could you get a muzzle end pic?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How wide is the light compared to the frame and slide?  Could you get a muzzle end pic?  Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mine is on a G19 and it's even with the slide when looking straight down.  The mounting screw sticks out about 1/16", but that's it.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Just got mine the other day.  Have to say I'm pretty impressed.  I can see this fitting on a lot of smaller guns and fitting well.  I have it on a G19, but I also like it a lot on my G30 - I may have to get another one!

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:01:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just got mine the other day.  Have to say I'm pretty impressed.  I can see this fitting on a lot of smaller guns and fitting well.  I have it on a G19, but I also like it a lot on my G30 - I may have to get another one!
View Quote

Any pics with it attached to the G30?
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Your wish is my command...

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Your wish is my command...

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-wpWGwtb/0/X2/i-wpWGwtb-X2.jpg

That looks like a much better fit than I was expecting. I thought it would have hung more over the front. Damn... And I just got a 19.4 to go with my light.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Battlefield Green Glock 19.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:34:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Is $210 a great deal for the Surefire xc1?
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm on the fence, between the XC1 and the X300u.  I'm not sure if I can live with the design where the constant on cannot be activated easily.  Turn it on, push from one side, to turn it off you have to push it from the opposite side.  So you almost have to always to 2 hands on the weapon at all times to maintain good control of the light and the gun.

How do you activate it while using a cell phone to call the police for example?  Sure you can use your trigger finger to maintain the light, but if you have to fire the gun you'll need to take your finger off the  light and back to the trigger.

Help me out here!  lol

Are there any plans to offer a different switch set up?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm on the fence, between the XC1 and the X300u.  I'm not sure if I can live with the design where the constant on cannot be activated easily.  Turn it on, push from one side, to turn it off you have to push it from the opposite side.  So you almost have to always to 2 hands on the weapon at all times to maintain good control of the light and the gun.

How do you activate it while using a cell phone to call the police for example?  Sure you can use your trigger finger to maintain the light, but if you have to fire the gun you'll need to take your finger off the  light and back to the trigger.

Help me out here!  lol

View Quote

From what I've seen, it doesn't appear that it's possible to adapt another switch (ie the DG style). However, if I've already drawn my weapon, I'm not going to pull out my cell phone to call the police at that point. It will honestly be the last thing on my mind until I neutralize the threat or am out of harms way.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Help me out here!  lol

View Quote

These are 2 Very different lights. Ones ultra functional, and one is ultra concealable. You have to decide first what your goals are. My IWB light is a XC1. My OWB light is a TLR-1HL. Completely different lights for completely different purposes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#30]
If it had TLR-1 controls I would be all over this !!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Ok, got the XC-1 on the G19, where would you find a kydex owb holster for this setup?  Checked the usual suspects and didn't come up with anything.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ok, got the XC-1 on the G19, where would you find a kydex owb holster for this setup?  Checked the usual suspects and didn't come up with anything.
View Quote

I got one off the EE custom from GoodMedicine of shadow holsters. Sent him my light and had it within 10 days or so. I also have a Bravo Concealment that JUST shipped after over 6 weeks. Don't have it in hand yet, should be here Monday.

If anyone goes the GoodMedicine route and wants to trade my FDE for a Black one let me know. Straight swap. The FDE looks funny on my Batlefield green frame.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

RCS has them in the quick ship store, Im waiting on a Bravo myself.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#34]
One thing I will say about this XC1, I am highly disappointed in Surefire's marketing it as a compact weapon light for compact guns.

It doesn't fit the HK45C, Walther CCP, HKP30SK, or any of the subcompacts....they should have moved the mounting screw back further.  Even though all they ever showed this light with was a G19, they should have just said, New ultra compact light for the Glock 19.....and possibly some other pistols...
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:38:33 AM EDT
[#35]
They designed this light specifically for the glock 19. Whatever else it fits is a happy accident.

It fits a full size M&P and all size SA XDm's.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#36]
XC1 just replaced my TLR-1S and it is 100 lumens less bright. 200 lumens is just about perfect for me especially within the home. Once a holster is acquired, there is honestly no reason to ever take off the XC1 outside of maybe cleaning. With rather impressive Lithium AAA batteries easily found at stores these days, it is a great option to consider. I was able to get mine for 196 through connections. I do not carry OWB ever so losing 100 lumens was not a problem for me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Another thing I hope they revise is the momentary on/off.  Would love for the switches to be able to be pushed up and down to activate that way I can mount one to the 12 o'clock rail on an SBR.  It's plenty of light, inside 100.

Link Posted: 1/14/2016 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#38]
This summed it up for me long ago https://youtu.be/MBxIAzrGumY?t=80

Maybe they'll hit out of the park with a revision

Link Posted: 1/14/2016 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#39]
So this is a compact light with not as much power as the 300 ultra. I am looking for a light for a G19 but this one looks funny.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#40]
For those of you that have had your XC1 for awhile, maybe you can share your experiences. I bought mine from a LGS on Jan 4th. I've used it on short bursts here and there getting a feel for it. Today I pick it up after not touching it for several days and it's dead. Pop new batteries in and it powers up. I don't think I used it for a total of an hour but who knows. Anyone else finding their batteries dead?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Still on the original battery and used it many times.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine has also been good. I haven't had a reason to use it, other than playing around with it, but so far so good.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#43]
I've used it for about 3 hours off and on in low light no light and once to clear my house, yes, seriously

I'm starting to notice it's a tad bit dimmer and I should probably change the battery, but I haven't had any issue with it just not turning on.  Maybe you had a bad battery bro.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#44]
I put in a fresh battery and I'm not going to turn it on for a week and report in. Hopefully I remember lol
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#45]
I've had mine since they stated shipping. I carry it every day. Have Used it quite a bit getting familure and dry firing. Original battery and it's still good to go.  Taking a pistol class a week from today and I'm planning to change it at lunch that day.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Does the lack of one handed usage ability cause a significant issue? I keep hearing that is the major drawback.  Considering this or inforce for a g19.  Tlr-1 or x300 you might as well get a larger gun
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#47]
In my humble and non-professional opinion, if you can reach up with your non-dominant hand to turn on the light using the momentary controls, you can also (almost as easily) train yourself to reach up and turn the light on with the "constant on" switch.  It's not like you need to operate some complex device in order to turn it on.  I would say that I prefer the way the TLR lights operate, but this isn't that difficult either.  And for it's size, it's a pretty amazing light for clearing a house.  I have to assume that for the greater majority of buyers / users, this was the intended use anyway.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#48]
I got my XC1  recently and, even as a Surefire fanboy, I am underwhelmed with the brightness. 200 lumens? My ass. This thing reminds me of my original 80 lumen TLR1. I have tried fresh Eveready lithiums, with 3 different date codes, all 1.7-1.8VDC on a Fluke and the beam doesn't impress me at all. I know it's not a X300 (even a 170 lumen model), and I know how bright 200 lumens should be. I looked it over to see if it could be a counterfeit and comparing it to many other pictures of XC1s I would have to say it is legit. Even with the small reflector/lens size, I expected more. I'd like to compare it to 1 or more other XC1s before I send it to Surefire for them to check it out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 9:58:18 AM EDT
[#49]
I have both the XC1 and X300. I carry appendix and have holsters that accommodate both (G19). I dislike that the XC1 lacks constant on one-handed activation. But, I carry that light daily instead of the X300 because of comfort. It is worth the trade off as otherwise I wouldn't carry the X300 at all. However, I can't believe Surefire made this error in designing the XC1. Blows my mind.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 8:28:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Another thing I hope they revise is the momentary on/off.  Would love for the switches to be able to be pushed up and down to activate that way I can mount one to the 12 o'clock rail on an SBR.  It's plenty of light, inside 100.  
View Quote

The mini scout is cheaper and would be a better rifle light in my opinion
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top