Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2015 7:04:10 PM EDT
I am getting a Trijicon RMR for my Glock and the two I am looking at getting are either the RM05 with the Amber 9 or 7  MOA dot or the RMR 12.9 MOA Dual-Illuminated Amber Triangle.

Any suggestions? Is the triangle even practical on a pistol? I have decided on the dual illuminated, is this a mistake?

Or should I just go with the red LED  6.5 MOA dot?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an RM05 (the dual illuminated 9 MOA Amber dot.). On my duty gun. I love it. The dual illumination works very well, day shift or night shift indoor and out.

Only time it washes out is going from real dark to really light. That's what your Irons are for. I'm a big fan of not having batteries to replace.

I think the dot size is about perfect.

I've used a Fast fire 3 with a 3 MOA? dot and a Leupold Delta Point. I couldn't stand  the triangle on the delta point. I think the shape might be a better application on a  rifle.

The fast fire was a wee bit small to me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the dual illuminated version with the smallest dot they had. Not sure of the size. But I use it on a g20 for deer hunting otherwise I would have gotten the bigger dot.   I tried it in the house at night and it does wash out from my light against light walls.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I went ahead and ordered the 9 moa dual illuminated RM05. Now I need to get my slide milled.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two of the RM05G RMRs (9moa GREEN dot) and had one of the RM08G (12moa GREEN triangle) on handguns. The 9moa dot is good on a handgun. The triangle worked, but it would be better suited for a rifle, IMO.

I wish I would've seen this sooner, I would've steered you towards the green dot as opposed to the amber. In my experience, it's much easier to see in a variety of light levels in different environments.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top