Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2015 12:44:32 PM EDT
Well picking up a S&W SD9VE this weekend already have it reserved . I am a AR guy and not into the handgun scene but I believe this will change with this SD9. I currently own a Kel Tec PF9 for personal defense and shoot at the range once a month or so as I do not like shooting it very much. It is too small for my hand . The sd9 fits me well and feels good.   Now I wanted to purchase a nice hard case for it to carry to the range and so that can carry 3-4 mags and maybe a light or so . Can anyone recommend a good case for it maybe with a combo lock on it and or leather or aluminum. I did not want a plastic one but will get it if designed well. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Most Smith & Wessons come in a plastic box with egg crate foam inside.  (the SD9VE is an exception to this)

Why not get a S&W box from EBAY or GUNBROKER?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:32:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea you are right the SD9VE does not come with a case. Well I just thought someone will post the hot new set up but I started looking and found a few nice ones that cost more than the gun I am buying hahaha. the S&W case is looking good for $14
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Trigger pull on those SD9VE is horrible. I will say mine was completely reliable and over 1000 rnds later still running perfect. Was my first hangun purchase years ago. I passed it on to a friend years ago as his first handgun as well. He still has it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:05:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trigger pull on those SD9VE is horrible. I will say mine was completely reliable and over 1000 rnds later still running perfect. Was my first hangun purchase years ago. I passed it on to a friend years ago as his first handgun as well. He still has it.
View Quote

It is not terrible, just different.   It strokes exactly like a double action revolver.   not a feather weight trigger that can easily be set off (especially if you are startled), but with a bit of practice, you can shoot both smoothly and quickly.

For the BANG for the buck, it is an outstanding value!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well picking up a S&W SD9VE this weekend already have it reserved . I am a AR guy and not into the handgun scene but I believe this will change with this SD9. I currently own a Kel Tec PF9 for personal defense and shoot at the range once a month or so as I do not like shooting it very much. It is too small for my hand . The sd9 fits me well and feels good.   Now I wanted to purchase a nice hard case for it to carry to the range and so that can carry 3-4 mags and maybe a light or so . Can anyone recommend a good case for it maybe with a combo lock on it and or leather or aluminum. I did not want a plastic one but will get it if designed well. Thanks
View Quote

PSA had some metal lock mini-safes on clearance sale recently.

Might also check Academy.   They have are frequently on sale for less than $40 bucks including the lock cables.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:52:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I have three of them, well two SD9s and one SD9VE.  They all have the same trigger, and I've also owned several M&Ps of various configurations.  The stock M&P trigger is about equal to the SD9 trigger IMHO, I have an M&P 45 that has the full APEX trigger package and it's almost like a tuned 1911 trigger.  I have not tried improving the SD9 trigger as I think it's about perfect for a carry/home defense gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top