Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2015 9:21:47 AM EDT
I know that leather gun belts are supposed to be thick to carry the weight of a pistol, however I really only carry my Glock 19 on occasion mostly is my P380. So I dont need a thick belt. Thicker than a dept store belt, but not like my MTR gunleather.

Any good recommendations? I'd like to stay normal style and brown leather if possible.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I picked up a cheapo desantis gun belt a few weeks ago (just wanted to test it before spedning money on a better one) and it seems to help. Very sturdy but not extremely thick. For $25 it's worth a shot OP. Amazon link for belt
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:06:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Email a couple belt makers and see if they'll do a single layer belt. Try horse hide for extra stiffness maybe.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Bullhide dress belt.
I have this one:

http://www.bullhidebelts.com/Rich-Brown-Smooth-Bullhide-Dress-Leather-Belt_p_185.html

It's approx 3/16", about 50% thinner than a 1/4" belt….looks good and is plenty of belt for a light pistol.  I carry either a G26 or a G42.

One more thing few people talk about.  You don't need a 1/4" belt if you have a narrow waist.  I'm a 34".  The thicker your waist, and the longer the belt, the thicker it needs to be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top