Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2015 1:23:58 PM EDT
Worth the extra $20 to gain a couple extra lumens?

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#1]
That chart is very odd. When I was shopping the HL was rated about 2x as bright as the regular. Like 300 lumens on the TRL-1 and 600 on the HL. I bought the HL and it's almost too bright indoors, but great outdoors

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the HL and it's awsome brighter than the original version. Flash this in an intruders eyes and he won't be able to see you for a while. Like staying at the sun.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 4:12:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I would go with the lower lumen option to be honest. I have an X300U and at 500 lumens it has crazy splashback inside a dark house. It may be great for blinding an intruder, but guess what.....It blinds you too
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:40:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would go with the lower lumen option to be honest. I have an X300U and at 500 lumens it has crazy splashback inside a dark house. It may be great for blinding an intruder, but guess what.....It blinds you too
View Quote

This is what I was concerned about with the HL version. Come around the corner and tap that light on to a white wall.. render your eyes useless for several seconds. Like someone else said before you, seems like the high lumen one will be too bright inside of a house.

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the tlr-1s and love it. Very bright but doesn't blind me with backsplash. Great outside too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I have both the TLR-1S and the HL. I personally prefer the HL.. I don't find it to be too bright indoors and it is MUCH better outside.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I've used the HL model extensively for about a year now, and have never experienced this. I don't have a large house, and all of my walls are white.

Get the HL model. Use it for a week.

If you don't like it for whatever reason, put it up on the EE, and you will find someone who will HAPPILY trade you a regular TLR-1 model.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:25:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the TLR-1 (Not S or HL) and for my purposes it works great.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I went 300 lumen version on my USP45 and have been very happy with it
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:36:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the HL on a couple rifles and S on my pistols.  The HL is significantly brighter than the standard or original  model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top