Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2015 8:15:50 AM EDT

I made this neat looking belt slide holster yesterday for my 1911's when I want to dress casual and not wear my 3" wide gun belt. The thing about belt slides is they tend to stretch and sag as the weight of a weapon pulls down over time. I solved this by inserting a piece of aluminum sheet metal to make it rigid and not sag over time. It keeps it very snug and tight to my side and the pistol carries very well. I also extended the leather up to keep a "sweat shield" between the weapon and my skin so there's no rubbing or poking with the hammer.

Comments are welcome good or bad.

Here are the metal plates I insert between the leather belt slide pieces and are sewn in place, notice my Colt SAA holster.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:31:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Another one of my 1911's

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#2]
That's some beautiful leather work!
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:35:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Very neat, that's awesome work!
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Outstanding!!!  Love that style!  LOVE IT!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#5]
If I had a nice BBQ gun, I'd ask you to make me a holster.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:45:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I never really even thought I had a problem grabbing iron and pulling it out. Once I started wearing it, it was just a matter of drawing and as I pulled the iron out my thumb just sweeps over the front retaining snap and it doesn't even seem like a concern. As far as a grip concern that too is not a problem for me. The big difference I see is that I haven't been asked to a gunfight.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pray you never are.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I never really even thought I had a problem grabbing iron and pulling it out. Once I started wearing it, it was just a matter of drawing and as I pulled the iron out my thumb just sweeps over the front retaining snap and it doesn't even seem like a concern. As far as a grip concern that too is not a problem for me. The big difference I see is that I haven't been asked to a gunfight.

Pray you never are.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Fantastic work!  The only thing I would say is that the thumb-break appears to be backward (release should be outside not inside) and I prefer a little more of a relief around the rear of the trigger guard.  Nevertheless, if it works for you that's all that matters.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Fantastic work!  The only thing I would say is that the thumb-break appears to be backward (release should be outside not inside) and I prefer a little more of a relief around the rear of the trigger guard.  Nevertheless, if it works for you that's all that matters.
View Quote

Wrong side? OOps... my thumb is unable to move correctly since it's got some ligament trouble which makes it almost ridged. Surgery is the only solution which I choose to avoid since I've gotten used to it.

Maybe in the future I'll modify the snap closure but for now it's fine.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice looking stuff!
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top