Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2015 3:04:12 AM EDT
Do ya like them, or loathe them??

Good, bad, ugly,....let's hear it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:48:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I like Talon grips.  So much that I bought a couple sets for my Glock 34 and Glock 19.  Easy to install and looks good.  Cheap alternative to professional stippling.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a set on a Shield for about 5-6 months.  I loved them while they lasted.  However, I had to leave the pistol in a car in cold February weather and when I came back to it a corner that made contact with the holster was lifting up.  I cut it off with a razor and all was good for another 4 months or so.  That spring/summer I had the pistol IWB against my skin while watching a movie in a theatre.  It was a hot day and by the time we got out of the theatre the grip had worked loose and was sticking to me as much as the pistol grip.  Enough so that it might have ruined a draw had I needed it.  Not to mention it left a bunch of sticky glue on my kidney/lower back area.

I took it off after that and had the gun professionally stippled.  I still have some talon grip left on several of the 8 round mags.  It has worked loose on two of them, especially the one that gets carried frequently.

So they work great until they suddenly don't anymore.  Not a reliable/permanent solution in my experience.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the Talon granular texture on my Glock 35 for USPSA, IDPA and 3-GUN competition and they are awesome. Very aggressive texture and really shine with wet or sweaty hands. A must have for Glocks.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:03:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys.  I realize it won't be a good stippling job, because in all honesty I can do that as well as any work I've seen done.  I just thought I would give them a try before I went down that one-way street with this particular pistol.

So it seems the consensus is they work pretty well until they don't, then remove and/or replace.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a set on two different Glocks and they are pretty awesome for what they are. They are on my edc pistols so I have only used the rubber texture, no experience with the granulate. The rubber version definitely improve my grip and just make the pistol seem more comfortable overall. Further, they install easily and improve aesthetics. However, the adhesive will breakdown on you over time and the harder you run the gun, the faster it will occur. For $20.00 it's a fantastic upgrade and still better than a grip sleeve IMO.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got a set on two different Glocks and they are pretty awesome for what they are. They are on my edc pistols so I have only used the rubber texture, no experience with the granulate. The rubber version definitely improve my grip and just make the pistol seem more comfortable overall. Further, they install easily and improve aesthetics. However, the adhesive will breakdown on you over time and the harder you run the gun, the faster it will occur. For $20.00 it's a fantastic upgrade and still better than a grip sleeve IMO.

View Quote

Thanks!

I'm with you on the grip sleeves.  I'm not a fan either.  They add too much bulk and never stay quite where I want them.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd take a look at Traction Grips as well.  Same material, a bit cheaper, and they offer a few different materials in case you don't want to go the rubber or sandpaper texture route.

When time comes around to apply the grips, remember to prep the frame real good.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Have them on ALL my Glocks!  Must Have accessory for ANY Gen Glock!  The Granulate texture is AWESOME!
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#9]
>>I'd take a look at Traction Grips as well.  Same material, a bit cheaper, and they offer a few different materials in case you don't want to go the rubber or sandpaper texture route.<<

I'll second that. I switched over to Traction grips a few guns ago,  and aside from being much less money, I believe they actually adhere better.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a couple of sets for my Glocks.  After using for a while, the fad wore off.  They are not that much better and will wear the skin off you during carry if the gun contacts sensitive areas.  Got tired of them and peeled them all off with the exception of my Glock 20.  Not that great and they have been steadily going up in price.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I really like them. Also, their customer service is awesome. I had a problem with one of the grips and they took care of me, no questions asked.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I have them on my G30, Shield, and CW380. I love them. Adds a lot of grip, but not the bulk.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I like them, have them on several guns. I finally got the balls to stipple a gun, and I like it much more than the tape. You can tune it exactly to what you want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top