Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2015 12:55:21 AM EDT
I tested my Inforce APL today and the battery was dead. I tested it for about 5 seconds about 2 months ago and it worked fine. Is it expected behavior for the APL to drain the battery while not in use?
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 1:20:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had mine for about a year. and it is still on the original battery...I check it every couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had mine for about a year. and it is still on the original battery...I check it every couple of weeks.
View Quote

Well that's disappointing on my part. Guess I'll have to contact Inforce.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I seem to replace far too often
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine sputtered after 9-10 months.  Swapped out the battery.  I leave it in the slightly unscrewed position when I'm out of the house, and tighten it when I get home.

For comparison, my TLR-1 went almost 18 months before the batteries were toast.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mine sputtered after 9-10 months.  Swapped out the battery.  I leave it in the slightly unscrewed position when I'm out of the house, and tighten it when I get home.

View Quote

It's a shame. I have a cheap Chinese flashlight that uses the same battery as my APL and I haven't had to replace it in over a year. I've had to replace the battery in the APL twice.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's a shame. I have a cheap Chinese flashlight that uses the same battery as my APL and I haven't had to replace it in over a year. I've had to replace the battery in the APL twice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did changing the battery fix the issue?
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh the APL works but without a doubt in a few month the battery will be dead with VERY LITTLE use.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I was looking at pistol mounted lights tonight. I own a TLR1 and was eye balling the Inforce. Looks like I'll stick to TLR1. Great lights for the price IMO. Want to order some new holsters.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:36:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had one on my M&P for probably 8 months now and it's still going great.

The one on my AR went out quick and I was concerned til I figured out it was resting against the paddle in the safe. It is now slightly unscrewed until removed.

I really like the light, more so than the TLR-1s it replaced and would buy again.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 12:34:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The one on my AR went out quick and I was concerned til I figured out it was resting against the paddle in the safe. It is now slightly unscrewed until removed.

I really like the light, more so than the TLR-1s it replaced and would buy again.
View Quote

I like the light but man is it annoying to have to keep it unscrewed so it doesn't drain. Seem like it'a common feature for these lights.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 1:32:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I like the light but man is it annoying to have to keep it unscrewed so it doesn't drain. Seem like it'a common feature for these lights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only the one on my rifle in the safe is like that, and if in had been more careful putting it away I wouldn't have had the problem.

My handgun sitting in the drawer hasn't had an issue and I check it often.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 2:56:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Had my APL for about 2 months now, and the battery is still going with the cap screwed in. Havent had it on the gun during this time though, waiting on the holster to come in for it so I can carry it with the APL on.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I know this thread is dated, but I was curious if any one had a follow up on battery drain issue?  I planned on putting the APL Gen 2 on a Sig P320C and wanted to save myself a headache before I purchased it.

Gen 1 or Gen 2?
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I have 2 APL's with the lever mount.  1 has the drain issue and 1 doesn't.

InForce said they would fix it for free but that I wouldn't get the QD mount body back so I am not sending it in.  The whole reason I like the APL is for the QD mount.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 6:37:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Mine is still going strong, on a daily carry gun and I test the light every night when I get up to make sure shes still kicking. Mine has the newer screw mount, only thing I don't like about it. Wish it had the QD lever setup instead.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#16]
That's good to know.  Thanks for the information.  I'll have to give one a try and see how I like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top