Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2015 1:43:36 PM EDT
Looking for a drop leg holster for a Glock 19 or maybe for a 17 that would also work with the 19.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Really can't go wrong with a Safariland 6004. Be sure to mod it so it doesn't sit so low on the thigh.

Better yet, don't run a Drop Leg. They seriously suck. It severely restricts movement and the weight adds up.

I would run a G-code or Safariland drop offset holster.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Really can't go wrong with a Safariland 6004. Be sure to mod it so it doesn't sit so low on the thigh.

Better yet, don't run a Drop Leg. They seriously suck. It severely restricts movement and the weight adds up.

View Quote

Explain drop offset?  I am Looking for a holster that sits lower than the kidney belt on my backpack so that I may draw my gun unobstructed when hiking/backpacking in the woods.  I have an old eagle drop leg for my 1911 that used to fit this role, but I have since switched over to Glock and want something that will work with it
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 3:21:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Drop legs suck especially when humping.   The duty style "drop" UBLs work really well
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Like this
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I am more than happy with My g-Code. Just could recommend them. Stau Award from serpa holsters! Saw and made Bad experiences with them.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Safariland 6377 on a UBL will clear a waist belt. You may have to get the 1.5" drop UBL to make it perfect but then it will ride really low as the 6377 rides lower than a standard Safariland duty holster when mounted to a UBL.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Listen to these guys about the Safariland holsters.  Drop legs suck especially if you are hiking or have to move through dense brush, get in and out of vehicles, or draw in a situation that requires a reasonable amount of speed to draw.

Two holsters types I will never recommend to any is drop legs and serpas.  Buy a cheap Uncle Mikes if you want to waste your money on a holster.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Drop legs suck especially when humping.   The duty style "drop" UBLs work really well
View Quote

This but buy the Safarilan QD platform and if you want to buy a drop leg late you unsnap and put it on the panel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top