I will probably but the G19 model.

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Keepers

clicky
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been trying out AIWB the past few weeks with a holster from SRT Concealment (can usually find his listings on Ebay).  Has a molded-in squared off section behind the loops and a molded in wedge on the back side along the length of the slide.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've been trying out AIWB the past few weeks with a holster from SRT Concealment (can usually find his listings on Ebay).  Has a molded-in squared off section behind the loops and a molded in wedge on the back side along the length of the slide.
View Quote
Does the Kydex wedge cause any discomfort on the pelvic bone?

JM custom

Keepers

Those are the top two. I kind of like Nuosu too  but he's only got a muzzle wedge.

Oh and the Eidelon by raven i think.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep it coming
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Fist Holsters 1-K kydex
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Dark star gear makes one

CCC shaggy.

Time and time again people hold up the keeper and jm custom as the best.  Eidelon might be close behind but i haven't heard enough.

Look up pictures of jm. They take every detail into account.  Rolled edges, tucking features.  If you don't like it they'll take it back and refund your money.  If the loop breaks they'll send a new one. Call them and get what you want. I would recommend the extra tuck feature with a foam layer over it. Get tuckable if you want it

Eta:  I'm not a jm fanboy,  i don't even own one.  I designed and made my own so i know what makes a good aiwb holster. Plus they gave great customer service.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:17:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hasn't been causing me any problems.  I believe JM Custom Kydex also uses a molded-in wedge, and that's one of the more popular AIWB holsters from what I can tell.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:53:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does for me depending on my body angle and my pants waist size. Overall, I love it. Pretty nice guy too.

I highly recommend the holster, but like many holsters, you have to find that sweet spot on your body.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hasn't been causing me any problems.  I believe JM Custom Kydex also uses a molded-in wedge, and that's one of the more popular AIWB holsters from what I can tell.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah but that's the reason i didn't buy the jm. looking back i could have added my own foam.

American, i like the flexibility of the holster being comfortable in any position. Either muzzle over center or to the right.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah but that's the reason i didn't buy the jm. looking back i could have added my own foam.

American, i like the flexibility of the holster being comfortable in any position. Either muzzle over center or to the right.
View Quote

I think like American said, you have to find that sweet spot.  In my experience, that goes for just about any holster.  And the simple fact is not every holster will work for everyone.  

I actually wear the AIWB just forward of the pelvic bone rather than right on top of it.  If I moved it back and inch or two, it would probably be quite uncomfortable, not to mention less concealed.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:56:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Keepers

clicky
View Quote

Im sorry but what the hell is that? $170 for one of the ugliest kydex holsters Ive ever seen.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Im sorry but what the hell is that? $170 for one of the ugliest kydex holsters Ive ever seen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Keepers

clicky

While i think being ugly is a poor reason to avoid a holster if it is good, i didn't realize they were that expensive. Only thing it has that jm doesn't is the wedge, and jm looks like a better made holster over all.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 12:04:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love JM Custom. They are my first choice for holsters. I have a "George" coming in a couple of weeks for my 19. It is an appendix carry .93 kydex thickness with the extra tuck option which is the wedge you all are talking about.

I just placed an order for one of his IWB3 models for my G43. I also ordered with the extra tuck, but on the IWB3 the extra tuck feature is not the same wedge you see on the AIWB holsters. It is just a filled out trigger guard on the belt side... ?

His holsters are really comfortable and well made.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 3:01:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Love my Eidolon after trying several other highly rated brands. Wont be carrying anything else going forward.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Love my Eidolon after trying several other highly rated brands. Wont be carrying anything else going forward.
View Quote

I'm curious which other brands you've tried and what you didn't like about them.

From the photos I've seen, the Eidolon looks so bulky.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't know about 5 or 6, but these 3 are worth looking into:
JM Custom Kydex (my current favorite for G19 + APL)
G Code INCOG (used with G26)
Raven Eidolon (next on my list to purchase)
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#17]
raven concealment
Eidolon,

i tried it and liked it.

but its really hard for me to have my glock barrel sitting ontop of my right testicle. i find the thought of it very uncomfortable.

so i dont use it.

they only other appendix carry i used was bravo concealment, but i didnt really like that one. the Eidolon was more comfortable.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I might have to give this a try. I wonder if you could cant the loops for 4/5 o'clock carry.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm partial to the CCC Shaggy.
http://shop.customcarryconcepts.com/Shaggy-AIWB-SHG.htm
I've used this holster for 3 years or so with out issue.  I carry a Glock 21Gen4 comfortably, easily.
Nice holster that works very well.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Body style will dictate what's best for the individual   I didn't care for the keepers I tried.   Big fan of the JM- the "bump" doesn't bother you anymore then a plastic holster with pistol shoved in your crotch does   Tight jeans may cause some comfort issues as well

I've been running the RCS eidolon for the past couple weeks and it's becoming my favorite APPENDIX CARRY - well thought out features make it comfortable and ultra concealable.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Raven Eidolon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top