Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2015 7:42:29 AM EDT
Wife wants to get me a fathers day gift... I want a outside the pants holster that feels great  or you forget it's even there. I hate to go over $100 but will chip in on the purchase if need be. Something to slip inside the pants maybe  / with belt slots  ? Im not holster knowlegdeable . I want to buy once cry once. How well do quality leather hosters hold up ? I hate to say this.. but don't want to mare up the finnish to much on a factory deep blue Colt Commander . This is to be worn mostly at the range .  Am I asking to much from a holster..? TIA WarDawg
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:11:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Any holster is going to wear finish, particularly a royal deep blue.

That being said, you could do a lot worse than an Alessi CQC/S.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't had my full 3 cups of coffee yet. I take it when you say  ( You could do worse ) you mean you really like this set up and feel. Yeagh I just have to get over rub marks... Thanks for your reply, Wardawg
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a Bianchi Leverlock, it is comfortable and easy access, but safe if they don't know about the lever
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Galco Fed (paddle) which is lined = doesn't do much to the finish of the gun.

Last time I looked for one (for my USP) I couldn't find one so they may no longer be made.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got my holster for my Sig 1911 today from crossbreed. I'm pretty pumped about how awesome it feels on.

Eta: picture

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I've carried my 3" Kimber in a Milt Sparks VM2 for years. Never had a problem with it.

I've also been eyeing a combo holster from Savoy Leather of late, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

ETA: Image link

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:15:14 AM EDT
[#8]
why overpay for the same thing?
leather 1911
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#9]
You mentioned both OWB and IWB holsters. For OWB belt holster I would recommend the Blade Tech Eclipse holster. It's the most comfortable and concealable OWB belt holster I've ever owned and worn plainclothes on duty and off duty. I've never liked any IWB holster as I have felt very uncomfortable with all that I have tried. However, there is a new holster company (Stealth Gear) that manufactures one called the Onyx which is made of a padded, perforated soft material with a kydex shell that covers the pistol. This the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever worn and can wear my full size all steel Kimber 1911 Custom II all day long comfortably. One caveat to an IWB holster is that you need to get pants that are a couple inches too big to accommodate the pistol and have a decent belt that can handle the weight of the pistol. I use a 5.11 Apex Gunners belt.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 12:47:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered an Alessi CQC/S  in brown leather. I called them direct and they didn't have any in stock. It's a 7-9 week wait but thats cool. I just like the brown over the black . They gave me a military discount. I have searched and read reviews on all kinds of holsters. Several great manufactor's out there. What led me to this point was I bought a Blackhawk SERPA for my commander and hate the damn thing. Im not going concealed or anything like that. Just a good holster on my hip mainly for the range.Buy once cry once.Thanks for all the advise and tips, wardawg
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:44:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Skip Ritchie Leather. He worked for Lou Alessi and took over his old shop. Nearly identical  holsters. www.ritchieholsters.com  Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top