Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2015 4:39:04 PM EDT
Hey guys.
Just orded a sig p238.
I want to get a Remora holster for it.

Leather lined on the inside is an option they have that I really like.
However, I have never owned one of these.

Would their cheaper, "stock" lining on the inside hold the gun better than leather?

Just curious if anyone has experience here.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I used a remora for my G43 it is nice for pocket or IWB. I have a a RFT one for the G19 I wish I had just bought a regular one
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I just have the stock lining, holds it fine, but I'm only carry small guns in them. I have a Beretta Tomcat and used to carry the PF9; both very light.  I have been impressed with how well they stay in both in the holster and in the waistband.  I will admit though that a belt clip makes it feel better.  I have never had it fall out of my waistband or the weapon from the holster.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.
So would you say that the RFT also isn't necessary?

And do you think the leather would make the holster better or worse?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't get RFT in my opinion and I don't see why you would want leather if anything it would wear your gun down faster
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the leather lined option for my LC9. It squeaks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I have only the leather lined Remoras and they are great. Very good retention. I have one for a Glock 19,Glock 17,LCR.38. All have the regular sweat shield.
After trying a few different holsters these are the only ones that work for me. Very comfortable. They did squeak for the first day or two,but have been perfect ever since. I put a hair dryer to it and formed it around the gun. I have this on me all the time." />
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!
Mine should be arriving today or tomorrow.
In hindsight I wish I got the sweatshield on it though.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I have both the standard and leather lined, used for both Walther P99C and HK P2000sk since it's the same size and interchangeable using same holster.
I prefer the standard.  There is a bit of cushiony effect, like thin foam that hugs the pistol and also makes the holster more pliable (softer, moldable to your gun and body curvature) than the leather lined.  I sat there and bent the leather-lined one back and forth aggressively for a good part of the day while watching TV, and even heated it up with a hair-dryer here and there as I wrangled it around....still not as pliable as the standard holster.  After wearing the leather-lined holster a few days and more bending and flopping it around, it was still not soft enough compared to the standard.  There's no give to the leather, so it doesn't conform and hug the gun and your body the way the foam does.  The leather one still holds the gun in place, but it slips down more easily than the standard one and I have to adjust and "pick" at it every so often, whereas the standard one I don't have to worry about it.
*The bad thing about the leather one- it squeaks, no matter how long it's been broken in, or been worn.  To say the least, I use it more as a protective cover/holster that holds the gun in my tactical baby bag or in the car.  The standard is my EDC holster.

ETA:  Always get the sweatshield, not only to protect the slide from your body/sweat, but also more surface area for the holster to "grab" onto your body and keep it in place better.  
Also, Remora is always having some sort of coupon code floating around on FB, so with discount the holster w/sweat shield usually comes with a free mag pouch and would not break $30 for the standard, and $34 for the leather-lined shipped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top