Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2015 3:33:02 PM EDT
I am looking for a kydex pancake OWB holster for my G43. I want to try the wing belt loops though.

Any first hand experience with these loops? It looks like it keeps the holster/gun tighter to the belt/body.

Who are some shops that are making holsters with this attachment?

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#1]
IBX Tactical is what I'm wearing right now. I have one for my Glock 23, and one for my Shield.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Weird... I found his site (didn't know he had one) after making this thread, a IM and email have been sent. I got a G19 holster from him a year or two ago, I like his work.

Wht model do you have? I think the small gun model with the wings is exactly what I want.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:49:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Weird... I found his site (didn't know he had one) after making this thread, a IM and email have been sent. I got a G19 holster from him a year or two ago, I like his work.

Wht model do you have? I think the small gun model with the wings is exactly what I want.
View Quote

I got the Adventure model holsters for mine.

I've carried them to the big sports arena here under a polo shirt. Watched ladies get their bags checked, I never got a second look. The wings definitely do help pull the holster tight to the body.

I used to only carry OWB if I was going to the range, and basically Open Carried then. Now I carry OWB as often as IWB. Just depends on what I know I have to do at work that day. No truck to unload, OWB, truck to unload, IWB.

ETA: if you want pics, just let me know, I can get them up by 7:00 central tomorrow. Batteries are dead in my camera, so I'll be getting new ones tomorrow either way.

Even though I ordered the Adventure model for my Shield, he definitely made it more in the Revenge style. Very small, no excess kydex at the bottom like you get with Bravo or Raven. And the 3-d  embossing no charge is awesome.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:32:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I tried the Comp-Tac version, leather backed with a kydex front, but after about a year of carry the wings wore out and it would flop around.

This design looks to be much more robust.

http://www.blackpointtactical.com/shop/leather-wing/
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I tried the Comp-Tac version, leather backed with a kydex front, but after about a year of carry the wings wore out and it would flop around.

View Quote

I wondered how those OWB hybrid worked out long term. I can't seem to want to spend the money to experiment with one. That BPT does look pretty sturdy, wonder how heavy it is?

Slim,

A pic or two would be good, I would like to see current work and the embossed logo. I like that his holsters don't have alot of material at the bottom. My G19 is like that as well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry in advance for the dirty mirror. Tomorrow's my day off, and I've been slacking on cleaning.

Some pics of the 3-d imprint, and me wearing the holster. Took the carry pictures right after work, carried that set up all day, unloaded a truck at work, and I would be amazed if I kept my job if they knew I carried a gun every day.

ETA: I'm off work tomorrow, so I'll be carrying the Glock 23, I can get pics of that also if you want.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:42:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for taking the time to post the pics. It really holds tight to the body.

I hope he gets a G43 mold relatively soon...

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#8]
No problem. I also like how they trim it down so there's not a lot of excess kydex at the bottom like you get with Bravo or Raven. Really helps it keep a low profile.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a Raven Phantom with pancake wings as my edc holster for a G23, and also have them for a P229r and a MC Operator with X300. The pancake wings actually do a lot as far as pulling the gun closer toward your body, it's almost like wearing a IWB holster. I have found that this is the absolute best concealment holster (for me specifically, your mileage my vary). I do have one complaint about the RCS pancake wings though, and it may not apply to other makers wings.

The shape of the RCS wing angles out at the bottom about 1/8". This results in 1/8" of play on the draw. As in, if you lightly tug on the grip (light enough to keep the pistol seated), you can feel the holster moving up and down on your belt. This is with 1.5" wings on a 1.5" WT 5 Stitch. Not an issue with my G23, but with the heavier Sig, or more so with the 1911, it can be enough play to fowl your draw if you don't have your draw angle perfect. I have been running the heavier pistols with a 1.75" belt instead to take up the slack and keep things more stable.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#10]
IBX stuff looks interesting. But google keeps telling me their site is under attack when I try to order anything.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#11]
That sucks, it seemed fine the other day when I was on there. However I didn't try to place a order.

I guess I'll explore other makers though, I haven't gotten any reply to my G43 inquiry...
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:45:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Well shit, I just placed another order for some mag carriers a few days ago.

I'll be calling Monday morning to see what I can figure out.

I really hope this breach doesn't fuck up my order.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Slims_88 I sent you an IM regarding the angle of your holster.  I'm looking at an OWB, pancake style loops for my G26 and like my carry to be slightly angled forward.  Yours appears to be angled, but I was wondering if you got 5 degree or possibly straight?  Thanks for providing the photos.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:40:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
IBX stuff looks interesting. But google keeps telling me their site is under attack when I try to order anything.
View Quote

I tried placing an order today and got a weird message that my computer is unsafe or something odd.  Anyway, I wasn't able to "check out" of the shopping cart thingy.  I called to see if I could place an order via phone, but haven't heard back.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I tried placing an order today and got a weird message that my computer is unsafe or something odd.  Anyway, I wasn't able to "check out" of the shopping cart thingy.  I called to see if I could place an order via phone, but haven't heard back.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My friend texted me today about that. I forgot someone had mentioned it earlier in this thread and I was going to call and check.

He got in touch with them via Facebook. Their security certificate expired. He asked them if they do PayPal, waiting to hear back from him what they told him.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I wondered how those OWB hybrid worked out long term. I can't seem to want to spend the money to experiment with one. That BPT does look pretty sturdy, wonder how heavy it is?

Slim,

A pic or two would be good, I would like to see current work and the embossed logo. I like that his holsters don't have alot of material at the bottom. My G19 is like that as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slim,

I just got my Leather Wing for my P320. It's "sort" of a hybrid, as the entire gun is cased in kydex, but with leather wings. So far, I like mine, but I've only worn it once. I also have the BlackPoint Mini Wing that I use with my Shield and I LOVE that holster.

Leather Wing w/ P320 and BPT mag pouches

Mini Wing w/ Shield
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:50:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My friend texted me today about that. I forgot someone had mentioned it earlier in this thread and I was going to call and check.

He got in touch with them via Facebook. Their security certificate expired. He asked them if they do PayPal, waiting to hear back from him what they told him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a call from them earlier today, (forgot the guy's name that I spoke with)  He said they are working on the issue and it should be resolved within 24hrs.  Said he would call to let me know everything is good to go, or take my order over the phone should it come to that.  He sounded like a decent guy ironing out an unexpected snag in his business.  I'll wait to hear from them and place my order then.

Thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a Fury Holsters OWB with plastic wings I bought form them, and it's awesome. Holds the gun closer, and the Fury holster has good cant, and is of the best quality Kydex I've owned.

Best of all, they have quick ship for most popular models.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I am the one Slims 88 was texting about their holsters and he did say his security was gonna be fixed in 24 hrs but it ended up being like three days I got impatience and ordered stuff for my 20" build instead I only have two OWB holsters and they aren't really set up for carry/ competition.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I got a call from them earlier today, (forgot the guy's name that I spoke with)  He said they are working on the issue and it should be resolved within 24hrs.  Said he would call to let me know everything is good to go, or take my order over the phone should it come to that.  He sounded like a decent guy ironing out an unexpected snag in his business.  I'll wait to hear from them and place my order then.

Thanks for the update!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the update!

Just checked their site, security issue is resolved, and is now ready for secure ordering.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I just got my Leather Wing for my P320. It's "sort" of a hybrid, as the entire gun is cased in kydex, but with leather wings. So far, I like mine, but I've only worn it once. I also have the BlackPoint Mini Wing that I use with my Shield and I LOVE that holster.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/slowmethinks/IMAG2363_zpsyrjxpwfv.jpg

Mini Wing w/ Shield
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/slowmethinks/IMAG2303_zps3ht7wzs4.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slim,

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/slowmethinks/IMAG2363_zpsyrjxpwfv.jpg

Mini Wing w/ Shield
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/slowmethinks/IMAG2303_zps3ht7wzs4.jpg

An update, I drove to Michigan from Virginia and back wearing my Mini Wing. Honestly, I noticed my wallet in my pocket more than I did my Shield. I was impressed it rode so well for so long. I carried 4-5 o'clock.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#22]
ordered a revenge from IBX Tactical on friday for my shield, will update when things start to take shape

been needing a good owb holster and you can't beat the price, hope thats just a sign of good things to come
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ordered a revenge from IBX Tactical on friday for my shield, will update when things start to take shape

been needing a good owb holster and you can't beat the price, hope thats just a sign of good things to come
View Quote

...in Blaze Orange to boot...
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that would be me
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Did you get a G43 mold yet  
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:58:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give me a couple weeks to get bills paid down, and I'm going to be sending another order your way.

Cross still available for 3d embossing?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
IBX Tactical is what I'm wearing right now. I have one for my Glock 23, and one for my Shield.
View Quote

Can't say enough good things about IBX, I've had several of his holsters and am always pleased.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 7:32:51 AM EDT
[#28]
what is the typical turn around time on the holsters? i'm also shocked because i have not gotten an email confirming that they got my order but my credit card has been charged already
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
what is the typical turn around time on the holsters? i'm also shocked because i have not gotten an email confirming that they got my order but my credit card has been charged already
View Quote

edit - Got mine in today.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Same here.  I ordered on May 8th, around the time they were having problems with the order system on their website and I emailed to ask if my order went through without a hitch.  I never got a reply to my email and my credit card was billed a couple of days later.  According to their website, my order status reads "order received".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.  I ordered on May 8th, around the time they were having problems with the order system on their website and I emailed to ask if my order went through without a hitch.  I never got a reply to my email and my credit card was billed a couple of days later.  According to their website, my order status reads "order received".

If it makes you feel any better, an order I placed on March 15 still shows as "order received."

I've been wearing the items for a month and a half now.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If it makes you feel any better, an order I placed on March 15 still shows as "order received."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i was hoping for around a 4-5 week turn around
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was somewhere between 4 and 6 weeks from the time I placed my order to when it they showed up. Just guesstimating, since I really can't remember.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:27:34 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm not sure if I can post here without getting in trouble, but here goes.

The website is a little screwy, and I'm not that tech savvy when it comes to running a website, sorry.  It automatically sends out an 'Order Received' email and it doesn't update as the manufacturing process is completed.  Im having our IT guy make it easier for us to update the orders as they go through the process, and we will be implementing better communications throughout the process in the near future.

Typically the turnaround time is 2-5 weeks depending on volume.  We are sitting on about a 4 week turnaround at this point.

If possible, please communicate with us through ourFacebook page instead of here.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Give me a couple weeks to get bills paid down, and I'm going to be sending another order your way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, just put it in the special instructions box when you order.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm not sure if I can post here without getting in trouble, but here goes.

The website is a little screwy, and I'm not that tech savvy when it comes to running a website, sorry.  It automatically sends out an 'Order Received' email and it doesn't update as the manufacturing process is completed.  Im having our IT guy make it easier for us to update the orders as they go through the process, and we will be implementing better communications throughout the process in the near future.

Typically the turnaround time is 2-5 weeks depending on volume.  We are sitting on about a 4 week turnaround at this point.

If possible, please communicate with us through ourFacebook page instead of here.
View Quote

thanks for the update, seeing as i don't have a facebook i guess i'll be PMing you on here
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#36]
holster came in today and all i can say is this thing is beautiful, would give IBX a 9/10 for now, the only thing to take away is the lack of email but communication through PM was more than sufficient

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:54:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
holster came in today and all i can say is this thing is beautiful, would give IBX a 9/10 for now, the only thing to take away is the lack of email but communication through PM was more than sufficient

View Quote

Got mine today.  It's my new favorite holster.  I was using a Crossbreed IWB, got tired of it digging into my hip and wanted to try something more comfortable, so I went with OWB.  This thing is nice and compact, just like the G26 I've tucked into it.

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 4:48:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Here is a glock 43 holster with pancake wings. I love the wings, holds the gun nice and tight to the body. They do need to be made slightly bigger for the compact guns due to the space the wings take up.

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#39]
does anyone else's retention screw not do anything? i was playing around with mine and i noticed that it wouldn't' lessen the retention at all even with the screw completely out

i don't see this as a huge issue but just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed the same
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#40]
The retention screw generally helps a lot more with metal frame guns. Metal frame gun holsters leave the shop generally falling out of the holster at the lowest retention setting leaving plenty of room for adjustment.  I've been bit by SIGs and 1911s enough to learn that lesson.

We generally don't add retention screws to polymer frame guns, but the Shield can be a bit funky due to the thinness of the trigger guard.  The Kydex tends to wrap around it tighter than other guns, so we relieve it a bit more than typical.  Some people ask for more retention, some less, so we loosened them up and added retention screws to tighten the holster up if it is wanted by the end user. Even at the lowest tension setting, the Shield holster will still retain the gun.  Almost all other  polymer frame guns leave the shop with no retention screw, especially the Glock holsters. Glock pistols are almost made for Kydex holsters and almost always come out perfectly.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 4:15:14 PM EDT
[#41]
awesome, thats what i figured but on my IWB holster the retention screw needed to be adjusted the moment i got it
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The retention screw generally helps a lot more with metal frame guns. Metal frame gun holsters leave the shop generally falling out of the holster at the lowest retention setting leaving plenty of room for adjustment.  I've been bit by SIGs and 1911s enough to learn that lesson.

We generally don't add retention screws to polymer frame guns, but the Shield can be a bit funky due to the thinness of the trigger guard.  The Kydex tends to wrap around it tighter than other guns, so we relieve it a bit more than typical.  Some people ask for more retention, some less, so we loosened them up and added retention screws to tighten the holster up if it is wanted by the end user. Even at the lowest tension setting, the Shield holster will still retain the gun.  Almost all other  polymer frame guns leave the shop with no retention screw, especially the Glock holsters. Glock pistols are almost made for Kydex holsters and almost always come out perfectly.
View Quote

Just sent in my order for a holster for my G27!

Make it as small as possible please!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top