Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2015 10:10:25 PM EDT
So I bought this holster from S&W to see how I liked carrying this hand cannon in a shoulder rig before I spent big bucks on a leather one. My question is regarding the leather tab on the end of the elastic bands. Is it a retention strap? If so how do I use it? The only thing I could figure would be to slip it over the hammer or stretch it over the grip, neither of which are very secure because it is just an elastic band. I circled the piece in question in the picture below.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:40:25 AM EDT
[#1]
No clue, but if you're using a shoulder rig to CCW that monster, you just made Dirty Harry your bitch.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Lol. It definitely won't be a daily carry piece, but I would like to be able to carry it from time to time.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:30:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Just a WAG:

Run it on the back inside of the holster and then put the "slot" over the hammer?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a tie down in this pic.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/desantis-terminator-leather-holster.html?gclid=CJKEoNmQ-8MCFSRo7Aodr2oAuA#TB_inline?height=600&width=550&inlineId=eyInsets&modal=false

ETA: I have something similar; a leather "shoe lace", on my Hunter bandoleer holster for my scoped Ruger Super Redhawk….attaches to the belt.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:32:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just a WAG:

Run it on the back inside of the holster and then put the "slot" over the hammer?
View Quote

Thought the same thing, but after you do that it is very difficult to get a hold of the piece of leather to remove it. May be what they had in mind though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top