Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2015 1:20:22 PM EDT
Also, my SF is shooting low for my liking. The front sight covers the POI so I need something with a higher rear sight.

This is a duty gun. Tritium? Fiber optic sight? Ameriglo? Trijicon?

Tritium sights are supposed to be good for about 10 years, so how do you know that you are buying a set that hasn't been sitting on a shelf for 9 years?
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Also, my SF is shooting low for my liking. The front sight covers the POI so I need something with a higher rear sight.

This is a duty gun. Tritium? Fiber optic sight? Ameriglo? Trijicon?

Tritium sights are supposed to be good for about 10 years, so how do you know that you are buying a set that hasn't been sitting on a shelf for 9 years?
View Quote

For a duty gun I would say to NOT get fiber optic. Tritium for sure. Most night sights have a date code or year on them, any that use Trijicon tubes will for sure.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:36:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Trijicon from a reputable dealer.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd get a tritium set for sure.  If you can get by with out the gun for a few weeks, Glock can install their branded tritium sights for $57.

If price isn't a factor, the Trijicon HD's are nice.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:17:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Heinie Straight Eight night sights. After using these, I can't stand the traditional three-dot sights, there's just too much going on. With the Straight Eights, stack the dots and go.

ETA: They also use Trijicon vials.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:55:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been also gravitating to vertical two dot sight systems.  I've had Warren Tactical/Sevigny two dot sights on my Glock 30 for years now and just recently installed a set of Heinie Straight Eight night sights to my new Glock 34 gen 3.  Plan to change my Glock 19 to Heinie sights also.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd get a tritium set for sure.  If you can get by with out the gun for a few weeks, Glock can install their branded tritium sights for $57.

View Quote
+1 I've got Glock Night sights on my Gen4 G21 and I like them. They're a little too dim for my tastes, though, as they're only 3 years old. Might be worth an email to Smyrna.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#7]
If the sights die after 10 years or so I still want to have a decent sight picture....
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:46:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

This is the route I went.  No issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top