Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 9:52:36 PM EDT
I've been a huge fan of the HSP Incog holster ever since it came out, carrying my Glock 26 daily.

Like many users, I utilized only one clip and found it sufficient.

When the Incog ECLIPSE came out, I ordered one right away.  Here are my thoughts...

Clip repositioned to centerline of pistol is a good thing... entire rig feels more balanced.  I usually carry at the 4 o'clock position, sometimes appendix.

The kydex used to make the Eclipse seemed ever so slightly thicker to me, I didn't really like that

So I decided to modify my original Incog.  What's the worst thing that could happen, except ruin a $70 holster...

1) mark off where to cut.  The challenge is to cut as straight as possible.  I originally scored the kydex in  an attempt to snap it off cleanly... that didn't work for sh*t.  Make sure you leave enough material to sand the edge straight

2) break out the dremel with reinforced cut off wheel.  This is the part where you have to get your balls on.  Once you start cutting there's no turning back.  When I finished cutting, it looked like total sh*t but don't worry

3) sand the edge smooth.   You must use a sanding block.  This step takes time and patience

4) admire your handiwork, this is how I wanted my Incog to be all along

Disclaimer - if you decide to modify your incog, don't be angry at me if you botch it.  I'll be happy to answer any questions beforehand.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#1]
IMO, the CNC'd aluminum offset bracket for the HSP/G-Code Strut is more for show. The same mount could be developed by adding blocking to the mold and bolting the struct directly to the holster.

I'm sure you will find some information, here, helpful: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_17/628104_Do_it_yourself_Kydex____.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top