Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2015 4:16:49 AM EDT
Thinking about getting one for my Full-size S&W M&P9.

It will be used both for winter & summer carry. Any idea how good they are? How well do they compare to the Galco COP 3-Slot?

I've also looked at the Speed Scabbard and other holsters of similar design. How well do they retain the pistol (especially on ones that don't have the adjustment screw)?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#1]
When I could no longer find the Galco Fed Paddle, I tried the Desantis Thumbreak Scabbard in its stead for a Ruger Security Six and an HK USP.

While I don't have a lot of time with the Desantis, it is a pretty close equivalent to the Galco.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I used a Desantis for 10 years before I sold it with the gun I was carrying. They are great holsters and I prefer them to the Galco. Buy it you will like it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I have several - 10 or so.  Well made and while I don't have a ton of time with any one of them, they eem like they will last for many, many years.  I think they are top notch.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 7:29:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one for my GP100 and love it. FYI massive sale on them on Amazon right now. Paid $24 for mine.

Mine is VERY snug though. I'm still breaking it in though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 8:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I carry a Glock G30S in a Galco Fletch High Ride Belt daily and love it. Warning - they are a bear to "break in". Just follow the instructions and in a couple days they are serviceable and after a week or two they are great - tight and smooth. When I first put the Glock in it looked like it wouldn't fit - ever. After reading the directions and following them everything went as promised.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer the DeSantis over the Galco.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#8]
They're not bad.  I will say my earliest holsters from the 90's have gotten a bit soft and lost a bit of shape.  Yeah, I know that was 20 something years ago.  

I actually prefer the Don Hume model 721 thumbsnap FBI tilt.  A thinner and harder leather that hasn't gone soft and is 19 years old.  At least I think i got the don hume model number right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top