Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2015 5:14:23 PM EDT
Does anyone use one of these (or similar) scuba webbing belts for OWB carry?

http://store.volundgearworks.com/index.php/volund-gearworks/atlas-ghook-belt.html

I think I found the end of the internet looking for an answer.  Lots of people using them for IWB but I seldom carry that way.  

Can that belt be stuffed through the slots on a leather holster for OWB carry, or too frustrating?  I would want to use it in a pinch for my pancake and belt-slide holsters.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The Atlas is a thin belt.  You would have no issues feeding it through an OWB holster.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:29:35 AM EDT
[#2]
It won't be a problem. The extra material on the belt used for the loops is fairly thin and flexible (but also strong).
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I wear my spare mag OWB every day with an Atlas. Some days, I also have my Glock in a kydex holster OWB. No issues.

I have a G-Hook belt also, but I wear the Cobra buckle version more, quicker to unbuckle and rebuckle.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 12:28:54 AM EDT
[#4]
UPDATE:

I got the slim Atlas G-Hook belt and I love it.....

....but it is not an OWB holster belt.  It works OK for my XDs, but my 1911 and 1076 are too heavy for it.  The regular Atlas G-Hook belt would probably work great.

I won't be sending it back.  I really like it for work where I cannot carry (military installation).  It doesn't have the bulk out in front where my leather belt doubles over on itself plus the tail end over that.  It sits very flat and the infinite adjustment helps after a big lunch.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 1:25:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I use an Atlas G Hook belt with leather and Kydex OWB holsters, no problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top