Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2015 4:45:06 AM EDT
Aloha to all.  Well it's a new year and I just had my birthday so to celebrate both events I bought a new Glock 34!  I have already ordered a few more spare magazines but what I'm after is a set of sights for competition/tactical range shooting.  I'm planning to shoot out from 10 to 25 yards.  I would want a set of sights that I will be able to see so fiber optic or even tritium would be best.  It doesn't have to have an adjustable rear sight but I would like to have POA/POI consistent in the range I mentioned above.  I don't plan to shoot farther than 25 yards.  I've done some Google searches and came up that .245" front sight would work for what I'm looking for with a Warren/Sevigny rear sight.  I've looked at Dawson Precision website and there are so much to look at and just adds to my confusion.  I would appreciate some direction on what sights to choose for my new Glock 34.  Mahalo in advance.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:43:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a couple weeks ago I installed a dawson adjustable rear with a dawson .100 wide .300 tall fiber optic on my glock 34 and I'm very happy with it. I was torn between the fixed and adjustable and since I would probably change loads over time I decided on the adjustable rear.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I REALLY like my Heinie Straight Eight sights.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to Brownells, get the Sevigny's. Front site width is determined based on your balance of speed/accuracy. Thinner is faster, wider is more accurate.

Heinie's are great for carry.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:46:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I REALLY like my Heinie Straight Eight sights.
View Quote

That is what I ended up with.  Used my birthday discount at MidwayUSA and now all is well.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 6:28:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I received my new Glock 34 this past Wednesday and installed the Heinie Straight Eight night sights that night.  I was so fortunate to have a fellow forum member at Sigforums.com lend me a Glock sight install tool and the nut driver for the front sight so that I could install my new night sights.  I was stoked that I was able to install the sights without any trouble.  Now to get out and shoot the darn thing!
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#6]
TTI sights (youtube review)
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#7]
MaulBlue,

What kind of matches do you plan on competing? IDPA and USPSA differ quite a bit from NRA Bullseye and require different sight pictures.

For USPSA and IDPA, TTI sights. Gives lots of daylight for acquiring an acceptable sight picture for faster sight tracking. Also, the FO sits high up on the front sight. No guessing to shoot the top of the blade or FO.

For Bulleyes...Dawson Precision adjustable sights. Little daylight and real tight sight picture for precision at 25 yards. I personally am not a fan of these for USPSA. The rear notch is too shallow for me. Need them to be deeper
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:22:18 AM EDT
[#8]
thevibe:

I am interested in doing some practical shooting like IPSC.  I'm open to what I should get but the Warren Tactical 2 dot vertical sights looks good.  Obviously I'm new at this prac/tac competition so much is going to be learned before I actually attempt my first contest.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the Heine Ledge on my Glock 35.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top