Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2014 10:48:56 PM EDT
Thinking about putting together a Battle Belt with a Safariland Holster and I have a couple questions.

1.)  If I buy a Low Ride holster such as the 7395 and decide it is too low, can I buy a stand alone belt loop mounting plate to convert it to a Mid Ride like the 7390?

2.)  Will a Glock 17 model holster fit a Glock 19? (ie: can I buy one Glock 17 holster to run double duty for a Glock 17 and Glock 19)?

Thanks,
Scout
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can buy indiviual mounting plates for your Safariland holster....I just bought a Paddle ALS holster from them AND the mid ride belt loop attachment.....it was actually cheaper this way for some reason.....

As far as fitting both the G17 and G19, I doubt it.....However you might get away with it if it is a light mounted holster as the retention is on the light.....(I have a Safariland HK45 w/Surefire X300U holster that also fits my P30L, P30, and VP9...... because they are secured by the light....

YMMV
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. I tried their 070 holster back in 1999 or so, and soon changed plates to make it the 0705 (slightly dropped) version. Better fit for me personally, and nice to be able to personalize it so easily.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.  Individual mounting plates is good.  I thought the holster might work with smaller Glocks since many holsters get retention from the trigger guard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top