Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2014 9:06:59 PM EDT
So I realized that I hate nylon belts.  They're stiff and hard and don't mold.  Leather is soft and warm and wraps itself around me, and the longer I have it the better it gets.

So between the following, what is the best belt, or best for the money?

AG Custom Horse hide - 89

AG Custom Bull hide - 79

Saddleback 4 stich - 69

Saddleback Tow Belt - 93

Hanks Amish Bull belt - 49 (on sale if they have my size)

Beltman Bull hide - 79

Beltman Horse hide - 99

Prices are for 1.5" belt, no options.

And go.

ETA:  You can recommend similar quality belts but please don't recommend 511 or Crossbreed cow hide or similar lower quality belts.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my Beltman belt, ordered the quickship model.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a CrossBreed belt for 4 years and got my Beltman bull hide with kydex stiffener in July. Molded to my waist after wearing for a month. If your a big guy or have a lot of weight on your belt ( fullsize gun and / or extra mag, multi tool etc ) get the stiffer horse hide.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:51:13 AM EDT
[#3]
You dont have Looper/Flashbang in the race?  Well, that makes sense....... Why race a jet in the field of Hondas.......
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Beltman belts from Top Gun Supply:

http://www.topgunsupply.com/leather-gun-belts/
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You dont have Looper/Flashbang in the race?  Well, that makes sense....... Why race a jet in the field of Hondas.......
View Quote
Not sure if serious.

Quoted:

Beltman belts from Top Gun Supply:

http://www.topgunsupply.com/leather-gun-belts/

That's a good price but I wish they had brown.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I think saddleback is out.  Four stitch looks like cow hide not bull hide.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Found MTR too.  Looks like good quality, but not as good craftsmanship.  Stitching is a bit wavy.  Probably going to get AG Custom in light brown with brass buckle.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I just picked up this one:  Johnston's Gun Leather Belt  At first I was thinking I paid too much ($75 shipped), but once I received and wore it I was very happy.  Good guy to deal with, also.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#9]
According to several leather workers discussing it online, there is no difference between bull-hide and cowhide. Same species, same hide, different terms developed for marketing. I am relatively certain that steer-hide is also the same. The differences in leather stiffness come from thickness and the tanning process. I wouldn't write off Saddleback based off terminology. I also would consider Simply Rugged or, if you  are willing to pay a premium, Davis Leather Company.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I have one from Wright Leather Works that I've been very happy with. I ordered mine in black with the roller buckle. Bull Hide Gun Belt

I would definitely buy another from them.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#11]
My wife and I have seven Beltman belts between us so I might be biased.  For day-to-day use get the cowhide over the horsehide, the seven-hole over the five-hole, and the 1-1/4 over the 1-1/2.  Yes, you'll have to wait thirty days for that configuration but who cares, you're going to have the belt for a long, long time.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:54:40 PM EDT
[#12]
My Beltman is going on 6 years of daily use and still looks and wears great.  Well worth the wait.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#13]
This is a tag!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top