Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2014 6:41:15 PM EDT
A student accidentally ordered a big slide (G21/30) Big Dots for her G19, when I looked at the packaging I told her it was not marked for what she needed.

However I slid the rear sites on and the front and seem to install just as fine.

Anyone know what the difference would be? Not to be liable, I changed it back to the factory plastic ones and told her to reorder the correct model, luckily I bought them since I needed a pair for my 21SF.

Afaik the height or recoil impact would change.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]
When I got my XS I was nervous it wouldn't work with my G20 when it wasn't listed on the package.  A lot of rounds amd a year and a half later I have had no issues.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:15:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Anyone know what the difference would be?
View Quote

Only way to know for sure would be to contact XS, but I'd wager that the notch depth and/or front sight height are different like on most other GLOCK sights. Might cause point of impact problems.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Almost certainly heights. Big dots are such a coarse sight it probably doesn't matter for 90% of users.
Then of course there's manufacturing tolerances so it is entirely possible the gun regulates properly with that height and not the "proper" height for model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top