Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2014 8:30:22 PM EDT
I have a Raven Concealment Phantom kydex holster that I like a lot.

Their lead times (and cost) are a bit much though.

I need another holster so I am looking at the Bravo Concealment holsters as their costs and lead times are lower.

Anyone with input on the Bravo Concealment holsters?

I've read a bit about them on here.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Search YouTube for Instructor Zero, he uses and reviews it.   Some people like him, some don't. I think the guy knows his shit.  YMMV.

ETA:

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have their rtt for my beretta 92fs and love the holster. Took about 5 weeks to get it. But worth the wait. It was super tight but after drawing it 100 times it loosened up perfectly.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 1:27:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a Raven Concealment Phantom kydex holster that I like a lot.

Their lead times (and cost) are a bit much though.

I need another holster so I am looking at the Bravo Concealment holsters as their costs and lead times are lower.

Anyone with input on the Bravo Concealment holsters?

I've read a bit about them on here.
View Quote

Go with the Raven. If you just need a holster and no light bearing, they have a quick ship option
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:48:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Search YouTube for Instructor Zero, he uses and reviews it.   Some people like him, some don't. I think the guy knows his shit.  YMMV.

ETA:
http://youtu.be/vkTFypbuq9I
View Quote

It looks okay like any other decent kydex company/  I like the looks of JM Kydex, OTG Hex, and RDR Kydex.  

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:17:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a kydex rig from an eBay guy who makes them. Looks almost identical to every other kydex holster out there, even has the injection molded belt loops they're all using now. I had mine in less than a week, as opposed to 5+ weeks for a "name brand." I think I paid $55.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/tr_holsters?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2754
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:05:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input folks.

I'm not into only buying the top brands but without good recommendations, some of the lesser known guys I won't buy from either.

I'll check out the other ones mentioned.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:27:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a RTT holster last year, turn around time was about 3 weeks, I believe most online shops do not overstock but produce on demand, so wait time will vary. There's commercial brands and retail stores, eBay even has garage shops as well with possible shorter lead time. However the RTT holster and CS is top notch and my goto OWB holster than others. They are gtg imo. GL
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Huge fan of them. Never had any issues.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:53:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the Products RDR Kydex puts out if you're looking for a Kydex only holster.  Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been running a Raven Phantom for about a year, and also recently bought a Bravo Concealment RTT combo pack(with the two SINGLE magazine carrier option).

While I will say that it is hard to beat Raven, I bough my Bravo gear with the purpose of carrying OWB. I run the Raven Phantom IWB with the offset wings and soft loops. And as for IWB, it is the absolute best carry system I have ever run.

That being said, Bravo has won my future purchases for Kydex. At least for now. Here's why:

1. I received my Bravo order exactly 6 weeks from the day that I ordered it. The lead time was quoted 4-6 weeks. To have it to my door, the day of week 6 was nice.

2. My Bravo holster is much more finely crafted than my Raven. I know that Raven is known for a high quality product. But when I first got my Raven a year ago, it had next to ZERO retention. I had to use a heat gun to press the trigger guard area of the holster in to get that nice click and solid retention that Kydex is typically known for. I had no such problem with my Bravo. Perfect retention, and the draw is very smooth, right out of the box.

3. I really do think Bravo is trying to innovate and step up their game. They do a lot of advertising with TheBlaze and elsewhere. I can only imagine that has generated a TON of revenue for them. In turn, giving them more money with which to invest in new product(e.g. the Acer).

4. The magazine pouches(at least the ones I got) win me over the Raven ones, simply because they have a very positive retention, and they don't use the stupid tension screw like the Raven ones. I've found that even with the tension screw that the Raven ones have, I can't get the solid retention that I would prefer. The Bravos win me over in that regard.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Now, with all of that being said, here are my few CONS of the Bravo gear:

1. I MUCH prefer the Raven QMS(Quick Mount Straps) for OWB carry. And while my Bravo RTT required no retrofitting to get the QMS to work, the magazine pouches needed a couple of millimeters shaved off of the top of each of the "wings" to get the strap to be able to roll over the top, and for the snap to reach it's mate on the front side of the holster. Not a big deal if you don't mind modifying your kit a little bit. I just shaved a couple of mm off and they work GREAT now.I have emailed Bravo about these types of loops for OWB carry, and recommended that they offer such a method for their holsters. Their customer service quickly replied to me and told me that they have a similar option in the works. I'm excited to see it.

2.The Magazine Pouches from Bravo seem to angle the magazine slightly outward from the body. While I've found them to really be no less concealable than my Raven pouch, I would prefer that they were molded to press closer into my body. Some people may not like their carry items firmly pressing against them. I find it comfortable in that I don't feel like my gear is "flopping" all over the place. The Bravo mag pouches are still great. Just leave a little to be desired.

That's basically it. I love the Bravo gear, and they have scored a lifetime customer(so long as nothing comparably better hits the market) in me. If you'd like to see pics of what I am talking about, let me know and I would be happy to post. Let me know if you have more questions about the Bravo kit.

One more point to make: If you're looking for conceal-ability, definitely go with a Bravo holster with a 10-15 degree cant. I Bought the RTT kit for open carry, competition, and training use. So concealing it wasn't much of a concern.

Hope that helps!
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:38:11 PM EDT
[#12]
So Bravo Concealment apparently does business with the stolen valor puke "Cory" from "Range Time with Cory and Erika", so screw them.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:17:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So Bravo Concealment apparently does business with the stolen valor puke "Cory" from "Range Time with Cory and Erika", so screw them.
View Quote

Oh for fucks sake, who cares. Bravo makes a great product,  I've purchased several holsters from them and will continue to do so.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Oh for fucks sake, who cares. Bravo makes a great product,  I've purchased several holsters from them and will continue to do so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, no doubt. I own no Bravo Concealment products, but who cares if some (good or bad) 'celebrity' does? I don't buy my holsters, guns, or toothpaste based on who else buys it.

Breakingcontact, do you ever buy gas at a Citgo or a Valero station? Ever use a Leatherman tool or a Ruger firearm? Heck, ever use a Colt 1911 (the gun Fromme tried to assassinate an American president with)..?

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Just because a business does business with another business (what a mouth full) doesn't mean that they always agree with the practices or ideology of that business. So just because Bravo did business with Cory doesn't mean they agree with or support stolen valor or his business principles. Business is business my friend. I've never bought a Bravo holster, not because of their business connections, but because I'm impatient and Raven offers a quick ship holster for what I carry. From what I've seen though, they make a good product. Instructor Zero endorses them, hell even Yankee Marshall endorsed their DOS holster. So yeah, you like them right?

Besides, don't just buy a product because someone else did. Do your homework and make the decision for yourself, you've got your pull ups on right?
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Understand the points some made. Regarding buying gas from XYZ...we have far less choice in where we buy gas than something specific like a holster.

As far as "who cares", well, I do.

Same reason I won't buy from Troy Industries.

I am all for redemption. If Cory came clean and stopped trying to fake the funk, I'd forgive him.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 12:40:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Man, no doubt. I own no Bravo Concealment products, but who cares if some (good or bad) 'celebrity' does? I don't buy my holsters, guns, or toothpaste based on who else buys it.

Breakingcontact, do you ever buy gas at a Citgo or a Valero station? Ever use a Leatherman tool or a Ruger firearm? Heck, ever use a Colt 1911 (the gun Fromme tried to assassinate an American president with)..?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top