Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2014 3:50:19 PM EDT
Looking at an Alien holster for my HP

2 questions

1) I wear 34 x 34 will I have to adjust waist sizes?

If so how much, I have some room that's taken up with a belt, no belt; pants will fall down due to not enough ass to hold them up

a 36 will fall off and make me look "hood rich"
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#1]
In Lee, Levi, and Carhartt I wear a 36 have since before I ever started carrying, with nothing in the pockets they barely stay up sans belt, as such I have no trouble buttoning them with a full size IWB set up, but they are snug which is good as I can adjust my belt or whatever without my pants rocketing to the ground should the need arise. The Carhartts are the snuggest and I would consider stepping up a size if I didn't already have them.
I don't carry extra mags/cuffs/flashlight IWB like some folk.

Best advice is of course to take the gun with you when trying on clothes. From your description your current garments will work, the question only you can answer is if it is ideal.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I wear a 34x34 as well, and use a couple different IWB holsters.  My Crossbreed (very similar to your Alien) adds the most bulk of any, and really needs an extra inch in the waistband.  

Luckily, there are a couple brands of jeans I like that I can occasionally find in a 35" waist.  36" is still too much.  Try your local Eddie Bauer outlet...
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input!

I guess I will post in 2 months when I get it!!

edited because I hit submit instead of preview
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't change my pant size and I didn't normally wear a belt before.

Tom
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 12:46:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I wear a 34 as well, and I did not have to up my size. Good jeans have some stretch to them
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 2:20:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I've found if pants fit snug without a belt and without a holster then I'll need to go up one size in the waistband for IWB.  I normally wear 32" waistband, so 34"  for IWB.

I've also found that appendix carry is much more forgiving and doesn't require as much extra room.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I went up a size.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I have never bought bigger pants and have carried IWB for years but primarily leather and not kydex.  Still no issues when I did go for kydex on some of my rigs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine didn't change as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top