Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2014 10:57:10 AM EDT
Thinking about one of these for owb carry for a Glock 26. Winter is fast approaching and was wondering if these have a close to the body fit?
I already have a Bianchi, Serpa and Blade Tech paddles for other Glocks and wanted to see if there would be any improvement.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I decided to keep my M&P 9 full size on in a Comp Tac paddle one day after leaving the range.  It does not conceal well at all.  I've yet to find a paddle holster that keeps the gun close enough to my body for decent concealment.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the reply! They look well made and I was hoping  for the best. The search continues...
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I love it for competition and range use, but it's not suited for concealment IMO.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#4]
As paddles go, I think they're as good as it gets.

I have 3, all with the FBI cant.
BHP, Kahr P-9 and a CZ P-01.

The paddle is nice and wide - hence stable.  And the lack of screws or other mechanical connection between paddle & holster makes it slimmer than most.

It's no IWB but I think they conceal pretty well for an OWB paddle holster.
The difference between these and say a Serpa is night and day.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I may have to just give them a try. The construction of the comp tac does seem to provide the closest to the body fit. We can never have too many holsters can we?
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Just make sure to buy the canted version.

Straight drop is worthless for CCW.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#7]
It is the best made paddle style I've tried, but it is not the best for concealment.  The problem is that the actual holster portion is canted out slightly at the top. It doesn't ride tight to your hip as a result.

I tried it for a bit for fall/winter carry but switched to a JM Custom belt holster and it is much nicer.  More sophisticated design and rides much tighter, while still allowing a fast, secure draw.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've yet to find a paddle holster that keeps the gun close enough to my body for decent concealment.
View Quote

Sadly I have to agree.

Like the other guy, I do love comptac holsters for range/competition use though.  They make good products, but all of the OWB/paddle mount holsters of theirs are a little bulky for ccw.

I need to order and try some of their IWB options.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top