Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2014 2:56:22 PM EDT
Looks like they have similar features, the HL is just brighter, and they're within $10-15 of each other.  Just go for the HL?
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I put the HL at the 12 o'clock position on a few rifles.  I like it for what I use it for.  Some people complain that it is too bright for indoor use.  I don't have a problem with it, but it's something to consider because you may.  The brightest lights I've installed on pistols are my X300Us.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#2]
1H.  

I've had a 1 for years.  Hard to believe how long looking back on it.  But I got a 1H last year and now I can't believe how I ever got by with the 1.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Tlr1 is prefect.  The high lumen is too bright indoors and eats batteries alive.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looks like they have similar features, the HL is just brighter, and they're within $10-15 of each other.  Just go for the HL?
View Quote

I bought the TLR-1 300 lumen because it has a lot longer runtime than the TLR-1HL
2.5hrs

However I sent my defective APL in for a exchange for the new Improved Gen 2 APL. 200Lumen . So I hope next week I will have it.

Really like the lower lumen for inside the house. My EDC is also my HD pistol   HK P30S / TLR-1

I also carry 2 flashlights .

1 stage Surefire P2X Defender 500lumen
And my beloved Nitecore SRT 5  750 Lumen that's set in the strobe mode.
BTW
Ive been told that the TLR-1S aren't as reliable

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#5]
The HL is great.

I have one. It is NOT too bright for the indoors, and it only eats batteries if you use it as a primary light.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:44:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The HL is great.

I have one. It is NOT too bright for the indoors, and it only eats batteries if you use it as a primary light.
View Quote

This ^

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Ordered the HL yesterday, arriving tomorrow. LET THERE BE LIGHT!
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Have both, love both.  HL isn't too bright, but it's now on a rifle and the S is on a pistol.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Have two 1S's and an HL.  They're all great, but I love my HL.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 4:41:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Tlr1 is prefect.  The high lumen is too bright indoors and eats batteries alive.
View Quote
this

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:20:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I have both the TLR-1s and the TLR-1HL. The HL is mounted on a rifle and the other on a pistol. Both are very nice however if I were to buy another one, Id get another HL. It's crazy bright but doesn't seem too much for indoor use. It does go through batteries somewhat faster however I don't use my weapon mounted lights all that often so it's not like I'm switching batteries every week...and with the relatively cheap price you can get a dozen Surefire batteries on EBay its not a wallet drainer either.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:45:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a TLR 1 HL on a pistol and shotgun, and would not have it any other way.

The HL is not too bright IMO, and I have white walls, ceilings, etc.

I tried going to a regular TLR 1 after having an HL for a few months, not going to happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top