Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2014 10:38:10 PM EDT
How do u guys like the pancake wings?
I feel my gun closer to my body, when using the rear wing like this:

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I just want to get the most concealable OwB kydex holster, X concealment C hoster? Or alabamaholster flap jack?
Please advise guys!
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the wings on my phantom and ran for a while with the rear wing like you have pictured, it gave me a butt cramp (no joke) something about the way it pulled the muzzle into my right cheek cramped like crazy regardless of placement. Now I just run them in the standard format (like your front wing). The conceal-ability of an OWB holster really comes down to belt selection. I love my Volund Atlas belt for IWB wear, but it doesn't quite do the job for OWB with the raven (G26). I find my beltman bull-hide does a great job of keeping the pistol tight without having the belt be too tight. Both belts are 1.5". Also, my only complaint of my RCS is the high-ride, for my body type, my love handles push out the top of the slide, a lower ride would be awesome, I run my IWB fairly low and the curve of the grip contours right into my love handle and it disappears. For OWB I have to wear a baggier shirt or jacket, which is awesome in the winter/spring/late fall.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Just an update to those who may be interested, after writing my last post I got curious and did some finagling with my RCS holster given my love handle issue. I added a couple layers of 1" weather stripping foam from Home Depot to the back of the holster below the belt loops and works like a charm. Switched the pancake wings to just the standard 1.5" loops and the foam pushes the slide into my love handles and provides a nice cushion for my hip. Conceals very well under a camp shirt / one size up Polo shirt.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just an update to those who may be interested, after writing my last post I got curious and did some finagling with my RCS holster given my love handle issue. I added a couple layers of 1" weather stripping foam from Home Depot to the back of the holster below the belt loops and works like a charm. Switched the pancake wings to just the standard 1.5" loops and the foam pushes the slide into my love handles and provides a nice cushion for my hip. Conceals very well under a camp shirt / one size up Polo shirt.
View Quote

Moleskin (found in the foot care section in walmart, etc), works wonders for IWB holsters too and its very thin..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top