Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/2/2014 2:59:45 PM EDT
Here's one opinion....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss-QUjyW9_s&list=PLLqTnqgNGdzOm6jtGg_DefRLs8jB0BCbC

Ike
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I watched that video a while back.
I'm not a hard sell...because I don't like kydex to begin with....I'm a leather type kind of guy.
But there are a lot of guys who use, and swear by, inexpensive holsters.  And far be it from me to second guess them.  It all boils down to what you need, under what conditions do you carry, what kind of pistol do you favor and what kind of body type do you have.
This is the central issue with concealed carry...it always boils down to customized answers.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I just want my holsters that I ordered weeks ago. I mean how does it take them over a month to get these things shipped out?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an Alien holster for my G30 it has worked perfect no complaints at all. I also have a Crossbreed & King Tuck for other pistols they are very nice also.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Most comfortable holster I own and the cheapest. It takes about 6 weeks to get oine.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just want my holsters that I ordered weeks ago. I mean how does it take them over a month to get these things shipped out?
View Quote

I can't speak on Alien Gear, but pretty much all of the good kydex guys run a backlog that is several weeks long.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:21:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I just ordered mine tonight. Did you ever end up getting one OP?
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:08:11 AM EDT
[#7]
It's an okay holster for a cheap price. Mine took a long time to ship and they didn't ship the extra leather belt loops I ordered until I had my bank reverse the charges for that portion of my payment to them. They also wouldn't respond to emails asking if the loops had been forgotten or would be shipped separately.

I definitely won't be ordering another one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's an okay holster for a cheap price. Mine took a long time to ship and they didn't ship the extra leather belt loops I ordered until I had my bank reverse the charges for that portion of my payment to them. They also wouldn't respond to emails asking if the loops had been forgotten or would be shipped separately.

View Quote

Don't fret too much, they saved you the trouble of throwing them away.  The loops they sent me were garbage.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 3:45:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered one after seeing their ad in last month's arfcom newsletter. I've had it q couple weeks now. It is much more comfortable than the Galco King Tuck/Super Tuck that I was using. And much cheaper. I plan on buying one of the neoprene backed holsters next time I buy a full size.

Bare in mind this is only the second concealed carry holster I've bought. I do want the Milt Sparks holster sometime.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Don't fret too much, they saved you the trouble of throwing them away.  The loops they sent me were garbage.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They showed up eventually, but you're right, they're garbage.

I'll probably wind up replacing the original metal clips with a pair of Comp Tac clips, like I did with my DeSantis Intruder.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I just ordered 2 of their newest design.  They seem to be running a special.  I ordered one for my Shield and one for a J frame.  We'll see how long it takes for delivery.  I have no issue waiting a few weeks for a quality piece.  I did add on the C clips.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just ordered 2 of their newest design.  They seem to be running a special.  I ordered one for my Shield and one for a J frame.  We'll see how long it takes for delivery.  I have no issue waiting a few weeks for a quality piece.  I did add on the C clips.
View Quote

I did the same thing one for a G19 the other a Bersa Thunder .380. Standard clips however. Ordered Thursday night (10/9/14) I'm hoping they come in within the next month.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

They have a lot of orders to fill. You'll get updates via e-mail reminding you that they didn't forget about you. Mine took 6 weeks to show up at my door.

As for the video, one guy's opinion. I have an Alien Gear 2.0 and Old Faithful holster that are extremely comfortable and hold up very well. It has better leather and kydex than the Crossbreed sitting in a drawer that can only be adjusted by melting the shell. You don't like it after 30days, they'll take it back and refund your money. It has a forever warranty and they'll exchange your current shell with another if you buy a new carry gun. I don't see anyone else offering a great holster at that price point on top of everything else that comes with it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They have a lot of orders to fill. You'll get updates via e-mail reminding you that they didn't forget about you. Mine took 6 weeks to show up at my door.

As for the video, one guy's opinion. I have an Alien Gear 2.0 and Old Faithful holster that are extremely comfortable and hold up very well. It has better leather and kydex than the Crossbreed sitting in a drawer that can only be adjusted by melting the shell. You don't like it after 30days, they'll take it back and refund your money. It has a forever warranty and they'll exchange your current shell with another if you buy a new carry gun. I don't see anyone else offering a great holster at that price point on top of everything else that comes with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I received the email, any ideas on how much longer it will be before I get it?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Placed my order on 9/12 and still has not shipped.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:23:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

great. i ordered mine about a month ago today i think
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:07:57 AM EDT
[#17]
I recall mine took a while to receive as well but with the price and stuff I'm incredibly happy.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:23:08 AM EDT
[#18]
I got one.
I can't fault it......besides for me it leaves too much pistol above the waistline, even at the deepest setting.

For sale, if anyone's interested! G19 & Shield shells.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:47:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I ordered one. It took 8 weeks to get, just like they said it would when I placed the order. I just ordered 2 more for other pistols. Lower priced and higher quality than the Galco equivalent. Adjustability is an added bonus.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 4:14:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I ordered one. It took 8 weeks to get, just like they said it would when I placed the order. I just ordered 2 more for other pistols. Lower priced and higher quality than the Galco equivalent. Adjustability is an added bonus.
View Quote

Lower price than Galco I can agree with. Higher quality? Not even close, in my book.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 4:25:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here's one opinion....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss-QUjyW9_s&list=PLLqTnqgNGdzOm6jtGg_DefRLs8jB0BCbC

Ike
View Quote
SOE shirt, check. Talking trash about another maker, check. No integrity, check.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#22]
It seems to me his review is biased and unprofessional. Using cheap jabs and snarky comments makes him look silly. It would be easy to pick his opinions and video apart with the same rudeness.

I don't work for AG but my experience with them has been good. I ordered a holster for my G20 in March. I took about 2 weeks to show up. I like the hardware and the ability to customize it to fit me better.
For the price it seems like a good value and well made. The original belt clips didn't work well for me. After waiting to get a response for about a week after I emailed them, they sent me two new sets free of charge. With my build I can wear a loose t-shirt and the pistol conceals well. All day carry is not an issue and I often forget I have it on. I have received follow up emails from time to time asking if I am still happy with it. No sales offers included in those emails. I'd say I got my moneys worth and I make my own leather holsters.

You are not buying a custom shark skin holster. It's cheap although well made and does what it is designed to do. It will carry your pistol.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I cannot understand how anyone can complain about these holsters.  I have 3.  They cost $34 with shipping.  Sure my comp tac mtac looks prettier but it isn't anymore functional or comfortable.  And I bought all three alien gear holsters for a few bucks more than one mtac.  You guys must have a lot more discretionary money than I do.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It seems to me his review is biased and unprofessional. Using cheap jabs and snarky comments makes him look silly. It would be easy to pick his opinions and video apart with the same rudeness.

I don't work for AG but my experience with them has been good. I ordered a holster for my G20 in March. I took about 2 weeks to show up. I like the hardware and the ability to customize it to fit me better.
For the price it seems like a good value and well made. The original belt clips didn't work well for me. After waiting to get a response for about a week after I emailed them, they sent me two new sets free of charge. With my build I can wear a loose t-shirt and the pistol conceals well. All day carry is not an issue and I often forget I have it on. I have received follow up emails from time to time asking if I am still happy with it. No sales offers included in those emails. I'd say I got my moneys worth and I make my own leather holsters.

You are not buying a custom shark skin holster. It's cheap although well made and does what it is designed to do. It will carry your pistol.
View Quote
Well said.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#25]
i got one to try but wish i got another crossbreed, which is what ill replace my ag holster with
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
i got one to try but wish i got another crossbreed, which is what ill replace my ag holster with
View Quote
I'm going to order one of those crossbeeds for a friend with that twofer deal for his G17.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm not a fan, they are really bulky and uncomfortable because of the exposed metal.  I also recieved a broken one in the mail and had to wait for a replacement, and didn't get free return shipping......

New MTAC will be good for another four years like the first one I bought back in 2010.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 1:38:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Still waiting for mine its been over a month now. Received an email saying they had not forgotten but that was 2 weeks ago. Going to call if they havent sent it by next week
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I ordered one after seeing their ad in last month's arfcom newsletter. I've had it q couple weeks now. It is much more comfortable than the Galco King Tuck/Super Tuck that I was using. And much cheaper. I plan on buying one of the neoprene backed holsters next time I buy a full size.

Bare in mind this is only the second concealed carry holster I've bought. I do want the Milt Sparks holster sometime.
View Quote

I was tempted to buy an Alien Gear holster this weekend but I held off. I'd also rather go with a Milt Sparks. Buy once cry once.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#30]
I have been using my Alien Gear for 8 or 9 months now. No problems. I will order more when the backlog lets up some.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#31]
So I called yesterday, they said it should be sent out by next week. Ordered October 9. So it'll be close to 2 months (1 month and 3 weeks) from ordering to having it in my hands
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Ordered mine for a SA 1911-A1 5" on Monday. Arrived this morning. Adjusted the cant to preference, been wearing it since before noon, around dinner time now. I'll let you know in a few weeks what I think of it after daily wear. I mean it's an IWB holster, it's doing what it is supposed to do thus far, it's not uncomfortable right now. I'll give it some time. Hell, I'm hiding a full size 1911.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:20:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ordered mine for a SA 1911-A1 5" on Monday. Arrived this morning. Adjusted the cant to preference, been wearing it since before noon, around dinner time now. I'll let you know in a few weeks what I think of it after daily wear. I mean it's an IWB holster, it's doing what it is supposed to do thus far, it's not uncomfortable right now. I'll give it some time. Hell, I'm hiding a full size 1911.

View Quote

You got yours in less than a week? Dang man. I just got the confirmation of sending on mine, should be in Monday. Ordered October 9 should arrive on the 24th of November.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You got yours in less than a week? Dang man. I just got the confirmation of sending on mine, should be in Monday. Ordered October 9 should arrive on the 24th of November.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, been wearing it since, hasn't been long enough for a good AAR, but so far, it's doing what it is supposed to do. Mind you, it is my first IWB.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yes, been wearing it since, hasn't been long enough for a good AAR, but so far, it's doing what it is supposed to do. Mind you, it is my first IWB.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's good to hear, my first IWB I couldn't get used to. I'm glad you got yours in a week! I have been waiting for nearly two months!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Just got my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 today. Very comfortable as opposed to my other all kydex holster. Only complaint is it is kind of hard to reholster the gun at times. Other that I love it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#37]
I like my AG holster.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#38]
While I was reading this thread I got an email from them saying they haven't "forgotten or lost" my order I placed November 9, in case I was starting to wonder what the hell happened to it.

This isn't too impressive, considering that no craftsman is stitching the thing together like fine leather.

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#39]
AAR after a few weeks of wearing my AG Tuck 2.0 holster with a SA 1911-A1 (5") and, it's still doing what it is supposed to be doing. I don't really "notice" it anymore, unless I am wanting to know if it is there, then yeah, I feel it, otherwise, I got used to it, it is not uncomfortable to wear when driving, sitting in a restaurant. walking around.

Method of wear. IWB, tight jeans (I HATE loose jeans) levi slim or Holister slim straight. 5 O' clock. White undershirt tucked. Holster over, and inside waist band of jeans, clips of holster over belt. outter shirt ranges from an untucked pendleton wool, an untucked button front (essentially hipster fashion shirts - I like to look like I am least likely to be the one that is armed) or some kind of one size larged long sleeve polo shirt with a denim jacket or carhart jacket over.

Concealment efficiency: Not an issue. No printing in carrying this way, even when leaning over to grab a 50 lb bag of dog food to toss in a shopping basket, squatting down to grab other super market items or put air in tires of truck. In essence, life's tasks move on with pistil secretly stashed away with nobody the wiser as to it's presence.

Extra magazines. In absence of some revolutionary ultra cool way to carry spare magazines equally concealed and efficiently, carrying a spare mag in off hand pocket works just fine. no big deal.

So, if this holster can hide such a large semi-auto pistol like the 1911 with all of it's beefy weight and size this well, a smaller pistol or revolver would be a piece of cake.

Durability: THAT will require at least 5 more months of wear and testing in daily use before I can review it. I WILL post a 6 month AAR in THIS thread as to durability for those who want the full run down prior to buying.

Gents, there is a SECRET to buying AG holsters without the HUGE wait. ready? EBAY (Yes, you read that right). Don't ask me, I don't work for AG, I don't get paid any cookies for telling you that. I just bought one of the holsters for concealed carry. YMMV

And if you shoot yourself in the butt, you're carrying it wrong
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:10:02 AM EDT
[#40]
^nice write up. I agree 100% with everything you said. Even similar style in clothing as well.

My gun doesn't print, but from time to time my shirt will ride over the grip of my G19. My other holster does the same thing though so not a huge deal.

I've had the holster close to a month and the only problem I could see happening is the top of the holster (where the gun enters the holster) could wear out over time as its somewhat thin. I like the holster though and would reccomend it to a friend.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
^nice write up. I agree 100% with everything you said. Even similar style in clothing as well.

My gun doesn't print, but from time to time my shirt will ride over the grip of my G19. My other holster does the same thing though so not a huge deal.

I've had the holster close to a month and the only problem I could see happening is the top of the holster (where the gun enters the holster) could wear out over time as its somewhat thin. I like the holster though and would reccomend it to a friend.
View Quote

I'm wondering about that myself. On this, really, Only time will tell. I'm still using it daily. Funny one, night before last, when I got home, I was tired, sat next to the wife on the sofa whilst she was watching god only knows what on Hulu, I fell asleep only to wake a few hours later having forgot I was still wearing my holster and pistol. I guess I've grown used to it. *shrug* Oh well, no bad dream is going to sneak up on me, right?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#42]
I really enjoy mine for iw carrying glocks. It is very comfortable; it's just a fact that these take forever to ship.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Mine shipped today ordered on 11/28 so about three weeks.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#44]
I had a long wait time as well and emailed them and they expedited the process and I got it in about 2 weeks. Best holster I own bar none. Best part is also you only need to buy new shells when you want to add another pistol to your CCW so $12 for a new pistol I think is one heck of an awesome deal. I am going to order the V2 version with neoprene backing soon to add to my collection.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm wondering about that myself. On this, really, Only time will tell. I'm still using it daily. Funny one, night before last, when I got home, I was tired, sat next to the wife on the sofa whilst she was watching god only knows what on Hulu, I fell asleep only to wake a few hours later having forgot I was still wearing my holster and pistol. I guess I've grown used to it. *shrug* Oh well, no bad dream is going to sneak up on me, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol I have done the same thing many times. Its completely comfortable to lay down in or sit in. The only area i get some discomfort is the magazine release on my Glock 19. It kind of digs into my side just a little bit. But I have noticed, as i have lost 10 pounds since getting it, the release doesnt bother me nearly as often as it did before. And the only time i notice that is when I sit or lay down with the holster on.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I had a long wait time as well and emailed them and they expedited the process and I got it in about 2 weeks. Best holster I own bar none. Best part is also you only need to buy new shells when you want to add another pistol to your CCW so $12 for a new pistol I think is one heck of an awesome deal. I am going to order the V2 version with neoprene backing soon to add to my collection.
View Quote

Sorry to post twice in a row, but definitely get the 2.0 the neoprene backing is very comfortable. i have never tried the leather version, and I am sure its comfortable as well. But I have used both Kydex and Leather and IMO the neoprene is worlds better than both. And I love the way they set up the kydex shell. Being able to switch it out easily makes it beyond convenient.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#47]
I ordered one for my Sig 938 and they sent me two
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 10:14:31 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't think this thread is getting the OP what he wanted, which was to shill for SOE and trash talk a competitor.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#49]
I just got one a week ago.  Too early to comment on durability, but it's comfortable and conceals well.

I have to laugh when people freak out over "cheap" hybrid holsters.  Seriously, it's a piece of kydex and a chunk of leather (or in this case, neoprene).  Putting one together isn't rocket surgery.  It's not something that requires a ton of skill like a nice all leather holster.  As long as the components are good quality it's going to work fine.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 12:31:19 AM EDT
[#50]
I ordered two, one for each Glock. Got them a week or so before Christmas and so far have only carried my G30.

I took the shell off today to wipe the dust out of it and noticed that the inside of the shell is a perfect negative of the side of my Glock, down to the writing. This tells me they made the mold with a real gun. Also the inside was marked with the model (G30) and "L" for left hand.

So far it's been extremely comfortable and is easy to wear. I've slept with mine on.

I did have one instance of the one screw that holds the shell on fall out. Found it and put it back on. No other problems.

All and all I think it's a solid holster and I look forward to wearing it in the summer when it's 105 outside.

The quality is there, it's comfortable and I don't doubt it's going to be durable and last a long time.

All and all it's refreshing to find a product this well built that doesn't cost $100.

As a side note, the shell seems to be injection molded plastic, not kydex. But I could be wrong.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top