Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2014 9:57:30 PM EDT
I have the crossbreed supertuck and just can't seem to find a place anywhere at my 2, 3, or even 4 o'clock that conceals it enough.
I wear mostly t-shirts and I have found that if I put it right at my 6, it is completely hidden even when I bend over since I have a larger upper back that sticks out.

The only issue is that with this supertuck it's extremely hard to unholster and reholster.  What is the best IWB  SOB holster that would allow quick deployment of my pistol
at my 6?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO there is not one. 6 O'clock SOB is an unsafe method of primary carry. You would be better to look for something to carry appendix at 12-1. It offers the same level of concealment with quicker and safer deployment. Again, all just my opinion.  Good luck.

What weapon are you carrying? A good belt also goes a long way for comfort and ease of carry, even at 3-5.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I never understood why?

But then again I don't get 5:00 carry either.

AIWB or 3:00- 3:15 for me and using a straight drop IWB  if using compact 4inch pistols
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used an Alessi Talon at 6,5&4. It works well
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:45:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Just out of curiosity and no harm intended....is that you in your avatar?  I'm assuming it is.

If that's you and the t-shirts you normally wear are like the one you're wearing in that pic, NO holster is going to conceal well.  

Granted, I'm sure you have thought of this.  Just throwing it out there.  My Crossbreed makes my PPQ pretty much vanish at about the 4-4:30 position.  I don't dress slouchy by any means, but my shirts are longer and bigger than the one in the pic.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just out of curiosity and no harm intended....is that you in your avatar?  I'm assuming it is.

If that's you and the t-shirts you normally wear are like the one you're wearing in that pic, NO holster is going to conceal well.  

Granted, I'm sure you have thought of this.  Just throwing it out there.  My Crossbreed makes my PPQ pretty much vanish at about the 4-4:30 position.  I don't dress slouchy by any means, but my shirts are longer and bigger than the one in the pic.  YMMV.
View Quote

I can carry AIWN using shirts that fit.
But you are RIGHT I do buy shirts 1 size larger . but that's because 3:00 is the hardest position to carry IWB.

3:00 is also the best position  if one can pull it off.

Ive found that its the height of the pistol is what is hard to hide rather than length.

One reason I kick myself for not buying the better P30LS  instead of my P30S
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Disagree, AIWB  is the best position if you can pull it off.  It's the flattest part of the body, therefore allowing the biggest gun to be carried there....if you can pull it off.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Disagree, AIWB  is the best position if you can pull it off.  It's the flattest part of the body, therefore allowing the biggest gun to be carried there....if you can pull it off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll raise you by slightly disagreeing with you.  AIWB is a great position for certain pistols and certain builds.  But I would be willing to bet it is not the flattest part of the body on most people.

ETA: But as you stated....if you can pull it off.  It does conceal well for many.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'll raise you by slightly disagreeing with you.  AIWB is a great position for certain pistols and certain builds.  But I would be willing to bet it is not the flattest part of the body on most people.

ETA: But as you stated....if you can pull it off.  It does conceal well for many.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This and OP YOU NEED TO DRESS AROUND THE GUN AND 6:00 carry is neither practical or comfortable for long.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would hate someone sitting on my back and drawing AIWB
And yes Ive seen / been in several fights that ended on the ground.

Like I stated before I carry in both positions. but favor 3 because of the above issue that can happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top