Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2014 2:04:16 PM EDT
I'm about to pull the trigger on a red dot for my G34.  My question is does anybody run a Delta Point on their pistol?  How has it held up?  Battery life?  

I'm torn between the dual source Trij RMR and the Delta Point.  

Floor's open to users of both for input.

Thanks
24's out
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
not one of your options but..

Instead of jumping on a trijicon i am using a FF3 on a FNX tac.
i wanted to go the cheap route to see how i liked using one at all.

now that i'm used to it i'll eventually go trijicon.

for me finding the dot was something to get used to. now its always right there.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
My eye sight is crap and I love my aimpoint so I know I'll love the 34 with a dot.  I've always subscribed to the 'buy once, cry once' philosophy.  Just want to make sure I'm making the right call for me.  There's features on both that I really like but with the DP being a little cheaper in price, is it worth it?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:19:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm about to pull the trigger on a red dot for my G34.  My question is does anybody run a Delta Point on their pistol?  How has it held up?  Battery life?  

I'm torn between the dual source Trij RMR and the Delta Point.  

Floor's open to users of both for input.

Thanks
24's out
View Quote

Option C, no to both.  Get an RMR 07

Trijicon, it's worth the extra money up front over the Delta regardless of model.  Glass is better protected, been proven longer than any other mini-reflex on the market to date, and battery powered versions power is non-issue.  Many guys have two plus years for the same battery on daily carry models and some have 5 on safe queens.

If you truly have not so great eyes as mentioned in your reply above, you need to compare RMR models and look through them since the dual illuminated don't offer the adjustability of the LED.  The amber colors (vs red for LED) as well as wash-out for some users have been noted for reasons to switch models or not use at all.  Where as the RMR 07 can be set to auto adjust like the 02 or manually adjusted for better results concerning people with diminished or poor eye-sight, conditions where even the 02 might get a bit of wash-out and better versatility when used with NVG.  Plus the unit can still be completely powered down if you feel that is necessary for battery conservancy or training with irons only without removing the unit itself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top