Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2014 9:51:25 PM EDT
Okay, I haven't hit the archives yet but I've had two Vanguard 2's on a G26 an G19 for the last month and they feel great. I have tried all sorts of IWB rigs over the last near 20 years and this one seems to trump them all from a concealment standpoint. I can't say I've ever had a truly comfortable IWB rig, including these, but these are very close. My only concern is a slightly slower draw, but that's a fair trade for never printing in summer weather with a t-shirt and shorts. What say ARFCOM?
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I love mine. I find the draw faster honestly, and its secure (as long as your belt is). Definitely a nice piece for the price.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm really considering it myself after also carrying IWB for a very long time.  I've lost over 100lbs. in the past 18 mo. due to serious health issues, it's a lot of muscle and fat, so I'm so damn skinny now but I'm also still really tall at 6'5".

I had to grab a pistol the other day to transport it, and I just tucked it into my waistline and I had to say it was incredibly comfortable, an M&P9 full size, and the Vanguard came to mind immediately, I first started carrying appendix style in the early '90s, it's funny I'll be going full circle, but I can't carry w/out some kind of retention device, I'd never go out of the house with a handgun just tucked in my trousers.  

It will be awhile before I'm back to fully carrying again, I need to rebuild strength etc. and I need a good gun belt that fits too, my XL Ares gear ranger does hoola hoop duty now.  
I can't believe how being this thin is an aide to concealed carry.  I guess when you're not carrying around 50lbs. of fat on your gut it makes things a lot easier.  

I think a glock would be even easier than my M&P, but it needs decent sites and I'm broke.  
I think this is the way I'm going to be going.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 12:54:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one for a G20 for the rare times when I carry it.

1) reholstering is impossible
2) the slide of the pistol is scratched to hell since when I draw it rubs against the backside of the fly button on my pants.  

#2 doesn't really bother me but I like the ability to reholster.  

The up side is that it is cheap and fairly comfortable, oh and you can get it quick and not wait 2 months for it like other brands.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked one up for my G19. I will start using it tomorrow. I think the disappear factor will be nice vs the printing I get with it IWB. I have tried the appendix carry before and don't think the holster will be as good of a fit as the Vanguard 2.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one when they first came out, and I hated it.  It wasn't as comfortable as a real AIWB holster, it shifted around more than I liked, and the buttons on my jeans scratched my gun up (which isn't a big deal, but is unnecessary).  I now carry my Glock 26 in an INCOG instead, and I like it a lot better.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you running the 26 appendix?
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you running the 26 appendix?
View Quote

Yes,  as well as my 19 using the same INCOG. I have a custom AIWB holster on the way for a 17 with an APL as well.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm using one with my Glock 26 at 4 o'clock
It is the most comfy iwb holster I ever used (I drive for 12 hours straight in my job)
And with shorts and a t-shirt the Glock hides so well
It will also work with my 19 when it gets colder
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I used one when I had a Glock 23.  It worked well and for me was pretty comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Today I ordered a similar product from Cook's Holsters. It's got more material than the Vanguard 2, but looks like it does the exact same thing. At half the price, I'm in. I got one for my Glock 23, and one for my PF-9.

I'll give an update in about 3 weeks when they show up.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Picked up one for my 26.  Wanted to try appendix carry and figured it would be a cheap way to figure out if I liked that method.  Have carried with it about half dozen times and like it so far.  Not being able to re-holster with removing the vanguard isn't an issue for me, but might be for some.

Need more time to decide it it's going to be my primary carry method, but right I'm happy with the purchase.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I carry a G19 in a VG2 AIWB some times. It works nicely for me to throw on and run to the store. I also llike using it to protect the trigger of the gun if it is in my center console or a bag. If I am going to be carrying for a long period of time, I prefer a leather IWB holster.

Oh yeah, the VG2 does conceal very well for me in shorts in a t shirt. I don't have any issues drawing from it either.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Just got in my Cook's trigger guard cover holsters today. Great improvement over their AIWB holster model. I love the minimalist approach.

I'm not sure what the Vanguard 2 does that the Cook's holster doesn't do, but I'm definitely going to be using these holsters in my daily carry rotation, and might just switch to them completely.

Only downside is that the holster must be removed to reholster. Kind of a drag for dry fire draw practice at home, but in a real world situation if I ever had to pull my gun, reholstering is probably going to be the least of my worries.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I found it to be really uncomfortable, and it shifts around to some degree. I greatly prefer a regular holster. I didn't find it to offer more practical concealment than a traditional holster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top