Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2014 2:43:23 PM EDT
Just got an email from Idaho.  Alien Gear is merging with Old Faithful.  Sounds like Alien Gear isn't changing much, but Old Faithful will be adjusting pricing and warranty.  

I just received my AGH yesterday and I haven't had a chance to play with it, but it looks pretty darn good.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe they were always the same people, but with different names and pricing for the same product.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe they were always the same people, but with different names and pricing for the same product.
View Quote

Their contact info has them in different states.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#3]
They appear to have had (at least up to this point) two different business models. There's nothing on either of the two companies' websites about a merger either.

Old Faithful has stopped selling "you assemble" kits which sold for around $40. Now the least you'll pay (before any discounts offered) is around $75 (plus shipping). I have a Taurus PT 145 Pro with Williams Sights which are slightly taller than the factory sights. I was going to pick up one of the Old Faithful DIY holsters (that allow you to mold the Kydex yourself) now that option is out.

Alien Gear on the other hand has started advertising a "''Cloak Tuck 2.0' Neoprene Composite Holster" that sells for $35.88 (before shipping) which is around the same price you used to be able to get the DIY kit from Old Faithful for. It looks to me like AG's prices might slowly creep up but for now they still advertise a $29.88 leather backed holster.

So for a while AG and OF prices were comparable -- if you didn't mind assembling your own holster. Their prices may remain comparable...but both more expensive.

In my case price counts. I already have a drawer full of holster fails. I didn't want to spend $75 +shipping only to find out I didn't like the holster. I ordered an AG holster for a different pistol that has factory sights (Px4) on 16 June and, aside from the "we got your order" e-mail, haven't heard from AG since. The last e-mail gave 4-6 weeks before the holster ships.

The price is good but the wait is aggravating.

UPDATE: It's July 15th and I still haven't received the holster I ordered from AG on 16 June, but I did get two "your order is important to us" e-mails. So I've got THAT going for me. I'm reminded of a "Friends" episode....
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I just received my new cloak 2.0" holster for my SP2022 yesterday,  and I ordered it late June.  From what AG is saying,  their original holsters are taking 4-6 weeks and new cloaks are taking 3-4 weeks.  The new cloak holster is made up of neoprene and leather on the backing,  and it feels great and is more flexible than the first version I had which was solely leather. Haven't gotten to put it into edc use yet,  but I don't foresee me not being happy with it,  especially for the price.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They appear to have had (at least up to this point) two different business models. There's nothing on either of the two companies' websites about a merger either.

Old Faithful has stopped selling "you assemble" kits which sold for around $40. Now the least you'll pay (before any discounts offered) is around $75 (plus shipping). I have a Taurus PT 145 Pro with Williams Sights which are slightly taller than the factory sights. I was going to pick up one of the Old Faithful DIY holsters (that allow you to mold the Kydex yourself) now that option is out.

Alien Gear on the other hand has started advertising a "''Cloak Tuck 2.0' Neoprene Composite Holster" that sells for $35.88 (before shipping) which is around the same price you used to be able to get the DIY kit from Old Faithful for. It looks to me like AG's prices might slowly creep up but for now they still advertise a $29.88 leather backed holster.

So for a while AG and OF prices were comparable -- if you didn't mind assembling your own holster. Their prices may remain comparable...but both more expensive.

In my case price counts. I already have a drawer full of holster fails. I didn't want to spend $75 +shipping only to find out I didn't like the holster. I ordered an AG holster for a different pistol that has factory sights (Px4) on 16 June and, aside from the "we got your order" e-mail, haven't heard from AG since. The last e-mail gave 4-6 weeks before the holster ships.

UPDATE: It's July 15th and I still haven't received the holster I ordered from AG on 16 June, but I did get two "your order is important to us" e-mails. So I've got THAT going for me. I'm reminded of a "Friends" episode....
View Quote

That's unfortunate. I just placed my order on July 15. I hope it arrives before end of August.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:04:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just received my new cloak 2.0" holster for my SP2022 yesterday,  and I ordered it late June.  From what AG is saying,  their original holsters are taking 4-6 weeks and new cloaks are taking 3-4 weeks.  The new cloak holster is made up of neoprene and leather on the backing,  and it feels great and is more flexible than the first version I had which was solely leather. Haven't gotten to put it into edc use yet,  but I don't foresee me not being happy with it,  especially for the price.

http://i62.tinypic.com/mmvnr4.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/sl0cjo.jpg
View Quote

WTF is up with all the exposed rivets n shit?

My Comptac appears to be better made...
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is up is that your Comptac holster IS made better, but costs 2-3 times what the Alien Gear holster costs.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Really? I ordered a Tuck 2.0 from them literally last week maybe the week prior and I received a shipping notification from them a day or two ago. WTF I would think they'd take care of the guy who payed back in mid June first vs the guy who paid in late July.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Really? I ordered a Tuck 2.0 from them literally last week maybe the week prior and I received a shipping notification from them a day or two ago. WTF I would think they'd take care of the guy who payed back in mid June first vs the guy who paid in late July.
View Quote

I ordered 2 weeks ago as of yesterday - haven't heard anything. Cloak Tuck 2.0 for a 5'' 1911
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something is wrong there. I would be getting on the phone with them stat.

I placed my order 7/15, and it stills says processing. Fortunately, my JM Custom will be here on Monday so I can start using that instead of the old X Concealment OWB. It would be nice to get the Cloak before I go to Yellowstone at the end of the month.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:40:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I placed an order for 2 alien gear holsters on May 8, 2014 and I received both of them on June 6th, 2014. You will get another email that shows the USPS tracking number. The status of your order shows processing until it is shipped and then shows a status of complete.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I ordered 2 weeks ago as of yesterday - haven't heard anything. Cloak Tuck 2.0 for a 5'' 1911
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird I ordered on the 27th I want to say and mine came in yesterday. I ordered a 2.0 for a 3.5" 1911
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Question for those who have the IWB 2.0.

How does the pistol fit with the neoprene backing?
Does the neoprene stretch and cause the kydex to lose retaining tension ?
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't have one yet...still waiting on it...but will say that it has a leather backing. So, it's the kydex, then leather, then the neoprene. There shouldn't be any stretch per say.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:30:48 PM EDT
[#16]
They told me 3-4 weeks on a 2.0. That was 4 weeks ago today. I asked for a status update last week. Today I get a facebook message (WTF, seriously) that it'll probably be closer to 6 weeks now. I cancelled my order. I left 2 voicemail's, an email, and a message on their fb page. 3 days later the only response is a fb message. Wow....
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't have one yet...still waiting on it...but will say that it has a leather backing. So, it's the kydex, then leather, then the neoprene. There shouldn't be any stretch per say.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I was thinking it was only neoprene.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:26:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

They told me 3-4 weeks on a 2.0. That was 4 weeks ago today. I asked for a status update last week. Today I get a facebook message (WTF, seriously) that it'll probably be closer to 6 weeks now. I cancelled my order. I left 2 voicemail's, an email, and a message on their fb page. 3 days later the only response is a fb message. Wow....
View Quote
Not horribly surprised, considering my experience with them.

Ordered a couple of holsters, some other stuff...about $160 worth. Got the "thanks for your order" email, then nothing. Knowing they're slammed, I waited three weeks to get a status update. I called directly.

I was told by the customer service person that "any order over $100, we wait until you call to verify you made the order, before we'll process it and get the product out to you".

Yeah, really? You sure as hell cashed that money fast, though, didn't you? I finally received my order yesterday.....total time from order to receipt was 9 or 10 weeks.

Nope, not gonna order from those clowns again. Cheap prices aren't worth it. Especially when they try feeding you some crap like that excuse. Buncha....well, I'm not gonna say it on this forum.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:06:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ordered a couple of holsters, some other stuff...about $160 worth. Got the "thanks for your order" email, then nothing. Knowing they're slammed, I waited three weeks to get a status update. I called directly.

I was told by the customer service person that "any order over $100, we wait until you call to verify you made the order, before we'll process it and get the product out to you".

Yeah, really? You sure as hell cashed that money fast, though, didn't you? I finally received my order yesterday.....total time from order to receipt was 9 or 10 weeks.

Nope, not gonna order from those clowns again. Cheap prices aren't worth it. Especially when they try feeding you some crap like that excuse. Buncha....well, I'm not gonna say it on this forum.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they on this forum? If not, would you mind if I use your situation to ask if it's true?  I ordered a 2.0 holster and extra shell from them a week ago, but everything was under $100. I'd still like to know for future reference.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:20:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most people have a hard time getting the screw backings in and might not have the tools to do so. It's even harder on the 2.0 since it has kydex or whatever type of plastic in-between the neoprene and leather. I bent the little tabs on some of those screw backings when I hammered them into the leather of my Old Faithful holster. I think the ones you don't use are supposed to be taken out after you get the cant and height you want. but most people leave them in for some reason.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Are they on this forum? If not, would you mind if I use your situation to ask if it's true?  I ordered a 2.0 holster and extra shell from them a week ago, but everything was under $100. I'd still like to know for future reference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, they're on this forum. They have a vendor forum, but after a couple of posts from them, I haven't seen any activity. I posted my complaint in their forum....no response.

Feel free to use my situation. I spoke with a female customer service rep via phone, can't remember her name, but I sure do remember the reason she gave for delaying the start of the order.  Personally, I think she was trying to bullshit me and come up with a "reasonable" reason for the delay. Sounded like a very young girl, fishing for anything to get the customer off her back.

Then again....maybe she wasn't bullshitting me either. If it was the real reason....well, all I can say is that is a very interesting business method.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:05:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yep, they're on this forum. They have a vendor forum, but after a couple of posts from them, I haven't seen any activity. I posted my complaint in their forum....no response.

Feel free to use my situation. I spoke with a female customer service rep via phone, can't remember her name, but I sure do remember the reason she gave for delaying the start of the order.  Personally, I think she was trying to bullshit me and come up with a "reasonable" reason for the delay. Sounded like a very young girl, fishing for anything to get the customer off her back.

Then again....maybe she wasn't bullshitting me either. If it was the real reason....well, all I can say is that is a very interesting business method.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, that really doesn't make any sense to hold an order if it's over a certain amount dollar wise unless the customers calls them. Even if it was a true policy, they should at least have it somewhere on their site or in the order confirmation e-mail.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I have the same problem. Ordered 4 weeks ago and have not anything from them. Sent an Email thru their system still nothing. Called CS today and had to leave a message after holding for 15 minutes. They have until mid week to contact me or I am reversing CC charges.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Weird double tap
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#25]
My Cloak Tuck 2.0 arrived Friday. I had ordered it July 15th. I got the shipping notice while in Yellowstone. While I didn't have a terrible customer service experience with them, it assumed the holster would ship a lot more quickly than it did. They must be slammed with orders or just have a very small staff trying to manage it all.

I would probably order from them again, but I wouldn't expect to receive my order quickly.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#26]
I emailed ALIEN many weeks ago asking about the amount of time to get a right hand M&P rig

I never heard back

I wanted to try the hybrid concept before spending a ton of money

MIDWAY had the Desantis Intruder on sale for $39, so I got one instead.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/795399/desantis-intruder-inside-the-waistband-holster-right-hand-s-and-w-m-and-p-9mm-luger-40-s-and-w-kydex-and-leather-black

Ironically,  midway shipped it hybrid also...LOL....UPS'ed to the US mail were it sat for a week

the rig is very comfortable, and carrys secure, I've read reviews were the Desantis Intruder is too loose allowing the gun to fall out, mine is secure and it's natural leather backing is more comfortable than my Blade-Tech Nano's kydex.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#27]
DeSantis Intruder

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
DeSantis Intruder

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/derek45/media/photo_zpsdb90e0d9.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/derek45/photo_zpsdb90e0d9.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/derek45/media/photo5_zpsb1bc8615.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/derek45/photo5_zpsb1bc8615.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/derek45/media/photo3_zps87be0e29.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/derek45/photo3_zps87be0e29.jpg</a>

View Quote

That looks very nice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top