Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2014 11:40:36 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone could suggest a vest to use for concealment during IDPA matches?
Shooting during the summer in South Carolina, it gets hot and incredibly humid... and when you're a big boy like I am, even rolling up the sleeves on the zippered hoodie I use as a concealment garment doesn't help any.
So is there a lightweight vest made in larger sizes (XXXL) that's affordable and durable that I can use?
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Concealed Carry Clothiers makes a tropic weight, ventilated vest.

I used mine fr ten years of Alabama summers.

Quality product, around 90.00.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Concealed Carry Clothiers makes a tropic weight, ventilated vest.

I used mine fr ten years of Alabama summers.

Quality product, around 90.00.
View Quote

Thank you for the reply. $90 is more than I want to pay for something I'm only going to use once a month for around 6 months lol.
I'd say around $30 is what I'm looking to spend. Doesn't have to be anything fancy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a light Magellan fishing vest from Academy that is heavily starched to stiffen it up.  Also, you can try to put a 9V battery in the pockets to help you on the draw and mag changes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Look at the fishing shirts at   www.sierratradingpost.com in a size larger than what you normally wear.  They're lightweight, breathable, usually have SPF 20+ ratings, and priced well under $50.
You probably will find something that will work as a concealment vest AND be reasonably priced.  The Columbia shirts are already oversized.  I wear one whenever I drive in the summer because of a previous skin cancer experience,  and they're much lighter than a summer work vest like the ones in www.duluthtradingco.com , and less-expensive.

rusty musket
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was wondering if anyone could suggest a vest to use for concealment during IDPA matches?
Shooting during the summer in South Carolina, it gets hot and incredibly humid... and when you're a big boy like I am, even rolling up the sleeves on the zippered hoodie I use as a concealment garment doesn't help any.
So is there a lightweight vest made in larger sizes (XXXL) that's affordable and durable that I can use?
View Quote

I feel for you. I hate shooting in the summer heat here in SWF.

So that's IDPA rules you have to wear a vest? Or just concealed ?.

I would look for a XXXL  White almost see through / thin  button down shirt and cut the sleeves off.

I wear the white button down shirts except I roll the sleeves up when I`m out fishing on the boat .
I will roll down the sleeves when I feel my arms are getting burnt.

The white shirt also reflects the sun/heat better than dark colors.
sorry I cant be more help.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#6]
The NRA store has a number of concealed carry vests.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top