Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2014 12:03:43 PM EDT
I am looking for a small biometric safe to put my new pistol in after my last one was stolen during a burglary.  What is the best one to get that can fit just one pistol?  Can you get a biometric one for a hundred bucks?  Suggestions on where to keep the safe?  My last gun was in a bedside drawer which was the first place that shitbag looked when he looted my place.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the non-bio models of Gunvault and Secure Logic and recommend them highly. I tried the bio Gunvault and it only worked about 10% of the time so I returned it. However, I have an iPhone 5, and no matter how many times I program it, I get the same results with the fingerprint reader. I seem to have light prints or something. So, if you get one and have the same initial results, I'd return it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I might end up getting this one and see how well it works.  Price isn't too bad.
Sentry Safe Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I might end up getting this one and see how well it works.  Price isn't too bad.
View Quote

Just picked one of these up last week.  Impressed out of the gates. Bio works every time. If it has the endurance, it will be a winner.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:23:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Just picked one of these up last week.  Impressed out of the gates. Bio works every time. If it has the endurance, it will be a winner.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BTT

Been doing research and this one seems to have the best ratings for consistently working. Any other feedback? Best price? See it Amazon for $178
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Why a bio safe?  Why not something like Simplex?  No batteries, no keys, works when you have cuts on your hands, or your hands are wet (from blood for example)??
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why a bio safe?  Why not something like Simplex?  No batteries, no keys, works when you have cuts on your hands, or your hands are wet (from blood for example)??
View Quote

Can't speak for OP's reasoning, but a kid can fairly easily brute force a simplex style lock. Brute-force in the hacking sense, not in bashing it open.
In my household that is a bigger concern than bloody hands...  I'd just wipe them off on the carpet or sheets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top