Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 4:11:29 PM EDT
Bought one from Academy today and got it home and it wasn't working. Wasn't the batteries because I bought new ones to try. Took it back to exchange it and the other one they had wouldn't work either. Anyone ever had problems with these lights? I've never heard a bad thing about them so it's kinda strange that neither one would work.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Batteries were in correct?  Wouldn't work at all?

Strange that two wouldn't work.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Did the guy taking your return try getting it to work?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea he tried to get both of them to work but nothing. I just returned it and got my money back. Now I'm kinda scared to order one online.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess you could try Surefire.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
TLR1s are the only weapon lights I use and I've bought a couple as gifts. I think I've bought 5 total maybe 6 and I've never had an issue
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Have several TLR1S units and they're fantastic, one if the best lights on the market.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:45:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Never had an issue with the TLR-1 on my duty gun. May upgrade to the HL version soon. IMHO, the TLR-1 is the best entry-level WML for the price, but Surefires are the tits, too!
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a TLR1 and currently have two TLR1S' and a TLR1HL. Never had any problems. Maybe the ones they had got damaged during shipping?
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:20:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I agree, it's strange you had two duds in a row.  That points to the shipment like another poster said.

Try ordering one from a different place.  Optics Planet usually has one of the best prices around and free shipping.  I wouldn't give up on a TLR, they are the best IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:16:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I have 7 or 8 and never a dud
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top