Site Notices
10/30/2014 3:55:04 PM
Author
Posted: 1/1/2012 12:15:49 PM
I bought a safariland 6378 for my Sig P229 SAS recently. I love how the paddle fits my hip and the mechanism for releasing the handgun. My only issue with the holster is its really tight still. I put my Sig in the holster and left it holstered for a couple days to stretch it a bit and it has helped. I still have trouble holstering the gun and getting the lock to engage. If I forcefully push the gun in it'll latch in but if I just place it in it will not latch. In Safariland's videos on their website their demo holsters look much looser. What adjustments can I make to fix this?
rosejackets67
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/1/2012 12:43:19 PM
I love the ALS and ALS/SLS hosters, but they do neet a little break in, in my experience mostly to knock down seams and edges on the interior that catch on sharp edges of the gun.

A few minutes of drawing drills a day will have that holster smooth as can be. My G21 drops right in to my 6360, no downward pressure required.
I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do. I shall be a champion of freedom and justice.
ARJJ
Rifleman
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/1/2012 2:09:45 PM
You may also want to play with the tension adjustment screw, on the side of the holster. It may be cranked down tight.

And yeah, the ALS holsters need a short break in to smooth out the lining. They get better with age.
STOP RESISTING!

fla556guy: "When you have a shit-hole the answer is to flush it as fast as possible, not bathe in the shit."
Sonoran_Tj
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/1/2012 9:50:07 PM
Originally Posted By ARJJ:
You may also want to play with the tension adjustment screw, on the side of the holster. It may be cranked down tight.

And yeah, the ALS holsters need a short break in to smooth out the lining. They get better with age.

I have that screw so loose that it rattles when the gun is out of the holster, but just a little tight when the gun is holstered. I practiced drawing and shooting at the range for about an hour today, it is getting looser. I think in the next week or two I'll have it as loose as I want it.
ARJJ
Rifleman
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/1/2012 10:13:11 PM
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:
Originally Posted By ARJJ:

I have that screw so loose that it rattles when the gun is out of the holster, but just a little tight when the gun is holstered. I practiced drawing and shooting at the range for about an hour today, it is getting looser. I think in the next week or two I'll have it as loose as I want it.

You can also stick your gun inside a thin sock or plastic bag and place it in the holster for a couple days.

Some folks have advocated spraying the inside of the holster (the suede lining) with silicone spray. I do the opposite: I use a silicone gun cloth to wipe my pistols down at least once a week. Over time, that silicone will transfer to the suede lining and make for a slick draw. YMMV, just a couple more thoughts.
STOP RESISTING!

fla556guy: "When you have a shit-hole the answer is to flush it as fast as possible, not bathe in the shit."
SGB
Tallahassee
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/3/2012 4:04:33 PM
www.FloridaCarry.org
Member, Board of Directors