[#1]

Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_aU74kzx6Y

I like how he nods like hes almost saying, "Yep.....I'm an idiot."
Link Posted: 8/22/2008 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Magsafe 96gr+P is the most destructive of all 45 ACP rounds. It killed the goats the fastest.

What's funny is 918 is generally used as a radio code for an insane person...

I see he doesn't disappoint.

As for 45 loads, I like both the HST and the Ranger Talon offering.

Have seen them both shot into bare gel, denim covered gel, and through auto glass into gel.    They both perform pretty damned well, auto glass was about the only thing that caused either round any real trouble due to the jackets shedding off.

Here's expanded rounds from bare gel, HST left, Ranger Talons right.

Link Posted: 8/23/2008 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Magsafe 96gr+P is the most destructive of all 45 ACP rounds. It killed the goats the fastest.

What's funny is 918 is generally used as a radio code for an insane person...

I see he doesn't disappoint.

As for 45 loads, I like both the HST and the Ranger Talon offering.

Have seen them both shot into bare gel, denim covered gel, and through auto glass into gel.    They both perform pretty damned well, auto glass was about the only thing that caused either round any real trouble due to the jackets shedding off.

Here's expanded rounds from bare gel, HST left, Ranger Talons right.

home.bak.rr.com/varmintcong/misc/expandedHST1.jpg

Nice picture!
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
he says that the old standard 230 grain hardball (FMJ) stuff is the most dependable stuff to carry in a .45 handgun for self-defense purposes.

FMJ is the best self-defense round?

Yeah, and pigs may fly.

I second Frost

Well, I agree.
Taylor wrote his opinion way back in '82 before the new technology in hollow points came on the scene. And, he said the FMJ stuff was the most "dependable", not the most "destructive", which I think meant that it was the round that was going to feed the most dependably in his favorite handgun....a 1911 type .45 ACP.
During the 13 years I carried a .45 on the job my department issued Hydra-Shoks, Black Talons, Ranger SXT's, and finally Speer Gold Dots. I think any of those rounds are quite "destructive" in a .45 ACP gun.

I was just throwing this info out for discussion, and also to see if anybody on here had ever heard of Chuck Taylor.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top