Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2017 12:13:14 PM EDT
Has anyone actually chrono'ed this out of a G29?

Has anyone had experience with this company?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not heard of that company nor have I seen it chrono'd. But if what you are looking for is something that absolutely meets it's advertised velocity and its readily available on store shelves... "SIG" ammo in 10mm is loaded warm and pretty much to its advertised velocity. For internet orders Buffalo Bore is your best bet...
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I can chrono a few rounds of it if you're interested, but the only catch is that it will be from a G20 and I'd need to have it sent to me

@bluefalcon, do you have access to a G29?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have not heard of that company nor have I seen it chrono'd. But if what you are looking for is something that absolutely meets it's advertised velocity and its readily available on store shelves... "SIG" ammo in 10mm is loaded warm and pretty much to its advertised velocity. For internet orders Buffalo Bore is your best bet...
View Quote
Buffalo Bore has an excellent reputation, but Underwood does too, and their shipping is going to be cheaper (for a single box). I do see Buffalo Bore in local shops more than Underwood though. I don't recommend one over the other and it will be interesting to see people try out this Grizzly ammo.

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=62#10

Well hope you send GSL a box!
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I can chrono a few BB 180 JHP next month from a G20 if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I can chrono a few rounds of it if you're interested, but the only catch is that it will be from a G20 and I'd need to have it sent to me

@bluefalcon, do you have access to a G29?
View Quote
I do not.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would say muzzle velocity should be about the same from the g29 as the G20 at around 50 yards or so. Give or take.
View Quote
I'm guessing that I lose a smidge of velocity but not much. Went and shot the ammo in question and it cycled well and in comparison to the hornady critical defense I shot first it was quite noticeably hotter. The recoil was more like a big bore and less snappy with the grizzly than with the hornady. I just need to get a chrono. Once I do chrono it out of my g29 I may take someone up on sending them a few rounds just to see the difference. I'm curious about a g40 as well, as I am contemplating my next pistol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top