Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2017 11:00:56 AM EDT
What the quietest 45 for shooting out of a silencer?  The Magtech 230gr I have must be hotter then the American I was shooting.  I'm shooting a HK Mark23 and a FN FNX-45 Tactical with an Osprey on them.  Just trying to get some opinions on better ammo choices.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#1]
tagged....though I don't think it's possible to get 45 ACP very quiet.  I was actually sort of disappointed after shooting my Osprey through USP tactical..i was like.."is that it"?
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:12:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I use an Osprey on a S.A. MC Operator and find it just slightly louder than my Glock 17 using 147 loads. I only used American Eagle so far.

Must be my hearing but I found it quiet enough.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:27:15 AM EDT
[#3]
You could always do the bullseye loads with just enough N310 to get the pistol to cycle reliably... potentially with a reduced-power recoil spring.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Clays powder using .45 RN chronys at less than 675 ft/sec.
That should work just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top