Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2017 11:53:55 AM EDT
http://www.guns.com/2012/08/31/lehigh-defense-maximum-expansion-self-defense-ammunition-review-video/

These are interesting and the shape of the petals seems like it would make a very wide hole in flesh. The reason they seem like a bad choice to me is they do not penetrate very deeply, seemingly doing 7-10in in gel. I don't see an advantage over Corbon DPX, especially since the new DPX seems to do 11.5-12 inches and expands to .85 in 9mm ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaEoF31mr58 ). I haven't seen any tests in .40 of .45 using the new DPX bullet.

I've been googling quite a bit and I can't fine a single instance where someone was shot center mass by an "FBI approved" bullet like the Gold Dot or HST and overpenetration hurt a bystander. There are many experienced LE here so if anyone knows a case where that happened I'd be interested to hear the details.

I do not think I would ever carry this but I do enjoy watching the tests or hearing different opinions on it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#1]
HST.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
they do not penetrate very deeply, seemingly doing 7-10in in gel. 
View Quote
Not going to be carrying that.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Why try and fix what ain't broke?  HST or Gold dot 2.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HST.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top