Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2017 3:22:28 PM EDT
I see a few site have " government over run " S&B 9mm in white boxes in 115 and 124 FMJ. Both are head stamped with the NATO circle/cross and MEN though it is my understanding neither is loaded to NATO specs. Has anyone chrono'd either ? Is there any difference between this and commercial packed stuff ? Seems to be the same price . -Thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC MEN is NATO spec.

ETA: Lots of acronyms in my post.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
S&B makes/has made ammo (especially 9mm) for many countries including Germany, Hungary, Italy and Saudi Arabia to name a few.

Keep in mind that just because the cases are marked with the NATO symbol it doesn't mean it is actually NATO qualified or even loaded to NATO specs.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember seeing a couple of boxes of this "white box" S&B a year or so ago, as it was sold by Sportsman's Guide.  It simply looked like S&B used the left-over cases from previous LEO/Military-contracts to load new S&B ammo.  Why not, it was paid-for.  The majority of the cases had the "MEN" head-stamp, some were "S&B" or even a couple of "GECO".  All the loaded-cartridges had an ink-stamp of "SB", marked on the side of case(s).  There was no paint-sealant used on the primers.

I'm sure it would be good quality, good shooting ammo, just like all S&B 9mm Para.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Normal FMJ S&B bullets are jacketed in gilding metal, the same as the cases are made from.  The bullets are the same color as the cases.  MEN bullets appear to be copper jacketed and the color difference is very evident.  So you can at least tell where the bullets came from on this ammo.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#5]
anyone know if there is an appreciable difference between this and standard 124 S&B?
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 11:33:53 PM EDT
[#6]
^^ I have a couple boxes coming. The new box S&B 124gr I tested a few months ago was pretty mild..
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:02:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
^^ I have a couple boxes coming. The new box S&B 124gr I tested a few months ago was pretty mild..
View Quote
Can't wait. Please post a link here when you get it done. I always thought S&B 9mm was suppose to be a little hotter than US made 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#8]
MEN, CBC and Sellier & Bellot are all part of the same parent group, they are the Euro/South American version of ATK. That they would cross market, use one anothers packaging and equipment shouldn't be surprising.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Back in stock at SG ammo, 198 shipped to me on the east coast
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Government Surplus, 9x19mm, 124gr FMJ, (SB9B), Sellier and Bellot, Velocity Test
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top