Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2016 10:49:36 AM EDT
The zinc coatings gotta go, it fouls the heck out of the barrel after a while, its cleaned out pretty easily by running some copper jacketed bullets through her but still. Other than that the stuff is accurate, reliable and the new powder is pretty clean. Its as accurate as any bulk domestic ammo and for $159 per 1000 I guess there has to be a trade off. Just picked up some brown bear for $159 per 1k, will see if its any better. We've been running through 1k rounds a month of 9mm alone between my son and I so price is a big consideration.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't spam my forum with referral links - Eric802
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The zinc coatings gotta go, it fouls the heck out of the barrel after a while, its cleaned out pretty easily by running some copper jacketed bullets through her but still. Other than that the stuff is accurate, reliable and the new powder is pretty clean. Its as accurate as any bulk domestic ammo and for $159 per 1000 I guess there has to be a trade off. Just picked up some brown bear for $159 per 1k, will see if its any better. We've been running through 1k rounds a month of 9mm alone between my son and I so price is a big consideration.
View Quote

I've ran a ton of Brown and Silver bear.  I like the lacquer coating on the Brown Bear better than the zinc on the Silver Bear and much better than the polymer coating on Wolf.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:18:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted nonsense removed - Eric802
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully the next 4 years will bring more cheap 9mm options. Maybe 9mm under $100 per 1k like the good old days, wishfull thinking anyway.

Tulammo is just on the verge of being excellent (for cheap ammo),  they just need to fix that plating.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw your video, very well done. I received a case of brown bear yesterday and got a failure to fire on the first box with my g43. Other than that is was really good,lol. I imagine the 43 has a weaker hammer spring than the full sized pistols. I'll reserve judgement till I use the whole case.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love Tulammo 9mm.

I don't clean my guns very often so I haven't checked out the fouling haha.

BrownBear has been shooting hot lately. I was getting 1325fps average out of my threaded G19. Feels like a .40..
View Quote

I've noticed that as well.  They aren't skimping on powder with the Bear ammo.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#8]
russian ammo is good shit
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:35:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I love Tulammo 9mm.

BrownBear has been shooting hot lately. I was getting 1325fps average out of my threaded G19. Feels like a .40..
View Quote

Yup that's what I've been getting as well with the brown bear, has some good firepower behind it, and I can feel the difference when I mix in other brands..

Shooting that brown bear through my G43 gives it some nice recoil
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#10]
That Ruski 115gr ball with its steel jacket and high FPS does well on soft armor FYI. I'm gonna grab some soon.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:17:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love Tulammo 9mm.

That's true, I just wish they would use a powder that didn't smell like cat pee.  I can't put my pistols back in the safe after shooting without cleaning or that smell infiltrates the whole safe.  I haven't tried the Tula.  I guess does it have the same smell?  

With the price of the Bears coming down and possibly even significantly more in the future, it's getting harder to realize any real savings reloading 9mm anymore.  The only benefit is what loading you want to make.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's true, I just wish they would use a powder that didn't smell like cat pee.  I can't put my pistols back in the safe after shooting without cleaning or that smell infiltrates the whole safe.  I haven't tried the Tula.  I guess does it have the same smell?  

With the price of the Bears coming down and possibly even significantly more in the future, it's getting harder to realize any real savings reloading 9mm anymore.  The only benefit is what loading you want to make.
View Quote

Tis true.  I still reload.  But I get to have my 147 grain bullet for less (even if it's a little bit) than even steel cased ammo.  I still keep a deep pile of various brands of steel cased 9mm though.  And there are places around here I can't shoot steel cased at, even for IDPA matches so it's  nice to have a stock of brass cased reloads at hand.

I've never noticed the cat pee smell  when shooting it even indoors so can't comment on that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I love Tulammo 9mm.

View Quote

Wow ! 1325 fps, that's hot. I would think that could cause damage to a smaller non +P rated pistol. A 115 FMJ at 1325 fps, is that in +P+ range ?
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 3:57:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top