Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2016 12:02:44 PM EDT
So I bought 2 cases of this from a well respected vendor (not site sponsor) and received the first case yesterday.

My brother and I each wanted a case to store as I like having some factory ammo around.

I was rather agitated to find out that this is CF (Clean-Fire) ammo with the primers being marked CF and the box label showing CF after the other load details

It was $11.99/box + reasonable shipping but since I don't shoot 40 S&W much (and had no intention of shooting this ammo in the next decade honestly) I now have a case of lead-free primed ammo that I have to shoot in the next 4 years from what I can find

I guess this is a fair warning to everyone.  If you want to know that the Lawman you are buying isn't CF ammo then look at this list.  If the product # isn't on this list then I would steer clear.

UDPATE: After sending an e-mail this morning I did get a response that they would allow me to return it since it was their error and will send me a return label.  I think I am going to take them up on their offer and will ask my brother what he wants to do as well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Store dry and cool.  It will work in 75 years.

Txl
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.  Hopefully that is the case as I am thinking I will be stuck with it unless the vendor responds at some point.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:29:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Mass ammo?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mass ammo?
View Quote

Yup.  No response from them yet either.

This isn't the first less than accurate ad that I found out about after the item arrived (the Fusion ammo pictured in boxes that shipped without them in an ammo can comes to mind).

I am thinking this will be my last order from them at this point anyway.  If I get no response at all it definitely will be.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This isn't the first less than accurate ad that I found out about after the item arrived (the Fusion ammo pictured in boxes that shipped without them in an ammo can comes to mind).

I am thinking this will be my last order from them at this point anyway.  If I get no response at all it definitely will be.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mass ammo?

Keep us posted. I've posted links to them a couple times but will be more judicious in the future
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Will do.

No response as of yet.  I submitted it using their contact form and it said it was successful so either it didn't send, they are busy, or they are ignoring it.

Time will tell but I did unsubscribe from their mailing list as I don't need to spend hundreds of dollars only to wonder what I am going to be receiving with no real way of returning it while only saving ~$30/1000 rounds.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#7]
No reply from the vendor, however, they did raise the price $2/box.

Also, they now put "CF" in the title on the product page but it wasn't there when I bought nor is it in my order confirmation.  They also don't explain what it means.

Basically, I am saying they are a deceptive vendor that I will no longer do any business with  I have never said that before about any other vendor (even B*$%$h).
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Newbie here. What about CF ammo makes it potentially have a shorter shelf life?
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Newbie here. What about CF ammo makes it potentially have a shorter shelf life?
View Quote

CF = CleanFire

After seeing that stamped into the primers I started looking and it means lead-free/non-toxic.  I have seen anywhere from 5 years to 10+ years shelf life depending on how the ammo is stored.  Heat and humidity kill them rather quickly.

Here is a PDF with some testing done on DDNP primers.

ETA: I just sent an e-mail rather than their "Contact Us" section to see if they will respond.  I don't know at what point I should/could contact my CC company to see what they say?  I have thought about it over the weekend and their ad was deceptive and I didn't get the product I thought I was getting.  I don't want to dispute the charge but if they won't even respond to an e-mail to attempt to make it right I am unsure how to proceed.

ETA 2:  My CC company said that I can dispute the charges at any time so I guess I will give them a couple more days to at least contact me.  I am leaning towards disputing the charges though as I didn't get what I wanted because they didn't list the ammo correctly.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad to see they are eating the return shipping.

Good on them

They're a new company. I wonder if they even knew cf primers have a shelf life.

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Glad to see they are eating the return shipping.

Good on them

They're a new company. I wonder if they even knew cf primers have a shelf life.

View Quote

I haven't heard back from them again since responding that I wanted to return it.  They said a "full refund" too so I asked them if that included original shipping or not.  I guess we will see.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#12]
No labels or contact from them since Monday so I am going to see what Chase says I should do.  I really don't see expecting them to reply to me and send the labels within 2 business days is really that unreasonable

ETA: Chase had me start a dispute so I did and sent another e-mail asking for labels.  If they respond I can cancel the dispute using Chase's website it appears.  What a PITA!
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#13]
You over estimate the failures of Cleanfire . I have a bunch of the CCI I picked up 10+ years ago. No issues at all . The Winchester stuff is not as reliable .
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You over estimate the failures of Cleanfire . I have a bunch of the CCI I picked up 10+ years ago. No issues at all . The Winchester stuff is not as reliable .
View Quote

You could very well be right, however, if I would have known it was CF ammo I wouldn't have purchased it.

It would honestly be at least 10 years before I would use it since I have lots of components to reload first and I don't shoot much 40 S&W.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You could very well be right, however, if I would have known it was CF ammo I wouldn't have purchased it.

It would honestly be at least 10 years before I would use it since I have lots of components to reload first and I don't shoot much 40 S&W.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use a lot of it and buy more when it is cheap . I love the 9mm .
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Did you ever try to call them?
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I got labels from them and cancelled the dispute.  The ammo goes back Monday so hopefully this is over soon.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I am not trying to be a jerk or anything but you don't think you would have shot 1,000 rounds over the course of ten years?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am not trying to be a jerk or anything but you don't think you would have shot 1,000 rounds over the course of ten years?
View Quote

Not when I have 12K rounds worth of components to load for it first and I only shoot a couple hundred rounds of 40S&W per year at most.

I shoot a lot of 9mm but hardly ever shoot 40S&W.  I just wanted some factory ammo to store should I ever need it for a class or CCW qualification.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:31:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Wait, so if I'm reading correctly, this CF ammo is perishable rather quickly?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wait, so if I'm reading correctly, this CF ammo is perishable rather quickly?
View Quote

From what I have been able to find 5-20+ years depending in large part on how it is stored.  Cool and dry will make it last a long time.  Heat will kill it quickly from what I have read.

It has its place but not in my long term stash.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 10:27:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Just a thought. In 2008 there were no primers to be had. I picked up 5k PMC lead free primers. There were horror stories on the net of how bad they were...I stored them well and years later I loaded them all in 9mm with fast burning powder. Zero problems.

Keep this stuff in a closet that is temperature and humidity controlled. You may be delightfully surprised.

Just one mans experience.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top