Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2016 5:01:17 AM EDT
My local Wally world has both at about the same price (Perfecta is $9.78 vs Fed. $9.97). Any reason to buy or not to buy one over the other ?  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had excellent luck with Perfect Brass Cased.  I believe it is Fiocchi.  Have had zero malfunctions with with Federal Aluminum but accuracy left something to be desired.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm dealing with the same dilemma. I've now shot both and both fed/fired fine. Here, the AL stuff is maybe a dollar more so I'll probably just stick with the brass perfecta but it's sometimes hard to find. I guess all things being equal, brass is better and I may start reloading 9mm so saving what I can.

Accuracy-wise, seems a wash too. Here are two groups I shot yesterday at an indoor range. The gun is new and these were after putting about 200 rounds through it. Not sure why the perfecta shot high unless I had the target upside down. I wan't trying to accuracy test or anything. Just breaking in the gun. Both are off hand at 25 feet and my eyesight isn't what is used to be.

Perfecta:

Fed AL:
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Both have performed we for me.  I tend to buy both.  I use the aluminum cased stuff at an indoor range where I would end up losing my brass.  If you can recover your brass and you can reload or trade it in, then the Perfecta makes more sense.

The groups below were all at 7yds standing,  Most of the guns had a slight preference for Perfecta.  My Glock 17 liked the Federal Champion Aluminum, just fine.

" />

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Either one is good enough for me. I buy perfecta when I can get it for the brass.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#5]
buy the brass cased stuff

save your brass

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Both work well for me. I use both in 40 and 45 as well. I also use Perfecta in 223 and 308.

If you want to save the brass then Perfecta is the only choice. Otherwise either will do fine for most guns.

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Federal
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Old stick in the mud..I always prefer brass to either steel or aluminum.

YMMV
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:45:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I buy both, and have had no issues out of either in 5K+ rounds. I prefer the Perfecta, just because we reload and can use the brass. However I keep a bunch of the Fed aluminum on hand as well for when I just don't feel like picking up brass, or when at a range where you cant pick it up.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Federal
View Quote

Yeah, everyone buy this so I can find some perfecta around here.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 5:39:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Never have tried the Perfecta so I guess I have to say Federal, I shoot a lot of the Federal 45 my Glock 21 eats it up.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 4:32:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I buy whatever wally has in stock.  Prefer the Perfecta but I have noticed the Federal Al case is loaded a little warmer than the Perfecta.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 5:36:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I buy both, and have had no issues out of either in 5K+ rounds. I prefer the Perfecta, just because we reload and can use the brass. However I keep a bunch of the Fed aluminum on hand as well for when I just don't feel like picking up brass, or when at a range where you cant pick it up.
View Quote

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top