Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2016 10:31:38 AM EDT
I'm wanting to pick up some 9mm in bulk. A LGS has great prices on German made 9mm Geco 124 gr ( blue and black box). Will be shooting it in CZ Evo Scorpion. Anybody try the Geco?
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I have bought cases of 124 grain before for 22 cents a round, I had no problems with Geco ammo.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#2]
It's quality ammo.

Go for it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I really liked the older Geco 9mm ammo. If it's a good price I'd suggest you pick it up. Just an FYI, it does use the bi-metal (gilding metal clad steel) bullet jackets.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#4]
GECO has hard primers. All of my 9mm's have choked (light primer strike) at least once w/GECO when they eat everything else w/o difficulty.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Never had one issue with hard primers with Geco.

Walther P1, P5, P99, PPS, CZ 75, FEK High Power clone, FN FNX 9.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 7:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really liked the older Geco 9mm ammo. If it's a good price I'd suggest you pick it up. Just an FYI, it does use the bi-metal (gilding metal clad steel) bullet jackets.
View Quote

Nope, not true...
FYI  not all is Bimetal, depends where it was produced
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nope, not true...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, not true...

Every single box of the blue & black Geco 9mm I bought all had bi-metal jackets. Headstamped cases were: * Geco * 9mm Luger
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#8]
the 9mm GECO made is Switzerland is bimetal
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I've seen German Geco with copper jackets ( I believe it was RWS manufactured). Another German version with bi-metal jacket, ( DAK?).  Swiss manufactured with copper jacket ( RUAG), and Hungarian (MFS)  with a bi-metal jacket.  It could get pretty confusing to try to keep them am straight.  In fact I may have the two German manufacturers reversed for which had copper vs. Bi-metal.

The Swiss RUAG stuff was very clean and accurate.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 3:25:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

GECO has hard primers. All of my 9mm's have choked (light primer strike) at least once w/GECO when they eat everything else w/o difficulty.
View Quote

What guns?  They've worked fine in my three 9mm Glocks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And works fine in my SIGs, Berettas, and Hi Powers too.

I really like the RWS and GECO ammo.  And even if you do get some bi-metal jacketed ammo, I can't imagine it will cause any noticeably increased wear, especially  at pistol velocities.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 11:58:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's quality ammo.

Go for it.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 7:36:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SIG P290RS multiple light strikes, SIG P250 & SP2022 occasional light strikes. Cartridges always fired second time around.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 11:20:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top