Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/5/2016 5:20:21 AM EDT
A few weeks ago local walmart had Perfecta 45, 380, and 30-06 on clearance. They have been restocked several times but no new Perfecta. All that is left is a few boxes of 40 SW, which is always on the shelf. Asked the guy at the counter and he said Perfecta/Fiocchi was going to raise the price and Walmart dumped them just like the Turkish ZQ1. He then said walmart was brokering a deal with Remington to produce a "budget" line of ammo exclusively for walmart. He's an older guy who I have talked with a lot, and not one to make things up, but he said this is what he had been told by management. Any insight on the matter ?
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 5:26:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I was at Walmart near me yesterday and they not only STILL had Perfects, it and all of their other ammo was full price.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 6:01:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked up some in 5.56 on Friday.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 8:54:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Its been a while since they restocked here. Thats a bummer. That was great ammo.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#4]
No idea if they are still carrying perfecta, but he's completely FOS about the hole brokering a deal with Remington crap. It blows the mind that people would make up such stupid, outlandish stories and attempt to pass them off as truth.

Does he really think that walmart's procurement people are so stupid as to let slip details of a pending contract that will be worth 10s-100s of millions of dollars?
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No idea if they are still carrying perfecta, but he's completely FOS about the hole brokering a deal with Remington crap. It blows the mind that people would make up such stupid, outlandish stories and attempt to pass them off as truth.

Does he really think that walmart's procurement people are so stupid as to let slip details of a pending contract that will be worth 10s-100s of millions of dollars?
View Quote

Procurement guys:  " As we near the end of closely held negotiations with Remington to purchase $100 million of ammunition, let's not forget to loop in Jimmy, the sporting goods counter guy in Pecos, Texas"

But seriously, I hope they continue to carry the Perfecta.  It's been a good ammunition for me, and I prefer it over the Remington bulk packs, which are poor quality.  I don't know how you could make the Remington yellow box bulk packs any more "budget" than they already are, as those are the cheapest per round already, as if Remington could sacrifice more QC.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Still seeing Perfecta at my Wally Worlds over here. I usually only buy the .380 because I don't load it and it's a good price and some .223 as $14.53 per 50 is almost pretty hard to beat even when I'm reloading it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Just checked. No more perfecta hang tags
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Perfecta is gone here.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Procurement guys:  " As we near the end of closely held negotiations with Remington to purchase $100 million of ammunition, let's not forget to loop in Jimmy, the sporting goods counter guy in Pecos, Texas"

But seriously, I hope they continue to carry the Perfecta.  It's been a good ammunition for me, and I prefer it over the Remington bulk packs, which are poor quality.  I don't know how you could make the Remington yellow box bulk packs any more "budget" than they already are, as those are the cheapest per round already, as if Remington could sacrifice more QC.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LMAO man ! I just spit my coffee out.   I'm sure he just heard some passed down rumor. They go around all work places. Seems some states are stocked while others are not, only time will tell. And I don't buy Remington "regular" ammo due to QC issues, definitely not going to buy a "budget" line from them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#10]
The Walmart's around here have had 9mm  Perfecta on Clearance for months.   Haven't checked in a couple weeks, not sure if it's still around.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I just picked up 200 rounds of 7 1/2 birdshot less than a week ago from a Wal Mart here in Dallas.

Edit-I just double checked that cheap birdshot and it's Suprema not perfecta.  Says made in Spain and distributed by TulAmmo, Roundrock, Tx.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:57:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

How would you know if it's true or not? Do you work for Walmart Corporate? Or is just a WAG on your part?

In the past CCI was going to make aluminum cased ammo for Sam Walton before he passed away and IIRC the family nixed the contract (the 9mm load even had "SAM's" on the headstamp).

Federal Cartridge produces the Champion brand brass cased ammo in 380, 9, 40, 45 & 38Spl. (and maybe other calibers that I've excluded) as an exclusive product for Walmart (product code starts with WM).

When ZQI ammo (made in Turkey by MKE) hit the market it was an exclusive product for Walmart.

When Perfecta (made by Fiocchi of Italy) hit the market it too was an exclusive product for Walmart.

I have no personal knowledge of whether or not Remington may or may not be in negotiations with Walmart to produce an exclusive product(s) for them but I would not be so fast to discount any rumor that Remington may be a supplier for Walmart sometime in the future.

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:17:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Still have it down here, and ive been stockpiling it for the last year or so. Really hope they don't discontinue, its great ammo for the price and what I buy any time I need brass ammo for the range or courses.

ETA: I did notice that they had Perfecta .45 on clearance at one location, and of course it was already gone, but I thought that was odd. Ill ask my usual lady when I go in this week to see if they are going to continue to stock it and report back.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:22:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Thinking about it, I haven't seen Perfecta in the quantities like before lately but I was chalking that up to the pre scare of November
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Walmart adds and drops vendors with regularity.  They notorious in the industry for how poorly they treat suppliers.  I think the locals still have Perfecta but I really don't look  at the ammo case that much.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Perfecta is gone here.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 2:47:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Update - checked the local WalMart today and picked up 4 more boxes of 9mm while they had it. The manager was working the counter today, and hadn't heard anything about them no longer carrying it. She said it would surprise her, as it is one of their biggest sellers.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#18]
With few exceptions Remington ammo is absolutely shit, God I hope that's not true.

I would pay more for either wolf or Tula over Remington
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:59:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
With few exceptions Remington ammo is absolutely shit, God I hope that's not true.

I would pay more for either wolf or Tula over Remington
View Quote

Hah me too, I shoot a lot of Tula in 9mm and never had an issue with it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#20]
My local Walmarts charge almost gun store prices for ammunition.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#21]
As I stated above Perfecta is gone here but the Federal aluminum cased is back. They haven't had it in over a year.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Shelves go empty then they get restocked. Safe to say they still carry perfecta.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 5:04:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Shelves go empty then they get restocked. Safe to say they still carry perfecta.
View Quote

Do they still carry ZQI 855?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:46:14 AM EDT
[#24]
The perfecta .308 price is hard to beat... but has anyone shot it?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Price/Barcode stick is gone from the shelf for Perfecta. Its gone for now.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 3:04:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
As I stated above Perfecta is gone here but the Federal aluminum cased is back. They haven't had it in over a year.
View Quote

Odd to see how different WalMart is from state to state. Locally we have both Federal alum and the Perfecta, if one is sold out the other one sometimes has stock left. The price is almost identical, so if I cant get one I just get the other

ETA: for the poster above asking about the ZQI, they haven't carried it locally in years here.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Haven't bought ammo at Walmart in years, but my buddy randomly ran out to WM for some 38 spcl and 357 mag for a new gun he picked up saturday.  Showed up with a box of each.  So, I suppose it's in stock in some spots in CO.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:31:24 AM EDT
[#28]
I was in another spot in NC this weekend taking a rifle course, and stopped in to the local WalMart just to see what they had. Had about 10 boxes of Perfecta in 9mm, a couple in .40 and were sold out of 45. I picked up a couple boxes of 9 just for good measure
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I was in another spot in NC this weekend taking a rifle course, and stopped in to the local WalMart just to see what they had. Had about 10 boxes of Perfecta in 9mm, a couple in .40 and were sold out of 45. I picked up a couple boxes of 9 just for good measure
View Quote

To far for a road trip
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:14:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where in NC if you don't mind me asking? We have none here in Wilmington.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I picked up a couple of boxes of Perfecta 9mm at Walmart today and 325 of Federal auto match  .22.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:33:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Relatively close to you, I was at a WalMart in Southern Pines somewhere. Taking a course at Trigger Time, and ended up staying at a hotel down in Southern Pines.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#33]
I sure hope not. Perfecta seems to be pretty decent. Mostly I've used their .223 and just picked up a few boxes of 9mm. Wasn't overly impressed with their .357 though.

Any report on the consistency of 9mm? A good buy, relatively speaking, for range ammo.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I sure hope not. Perfecta seems to be pretty decent. Mostly I've used their .223 and just picked up a few boxes of 9mm. Wasn't overly impressed with their .357 though.

Any report on the consistency of 9mm? A good buy, relatively speaking, for range ammo.
View Quote

It seemed a bit on the weak side, didn't it ? Accurate none the less.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#35]
I haven't seen perfecta since mid summer .been using the federal aluminum.i remember reading that perfecta was actually fiocchi and was being imported by tula ammo.looking at both i could not tell the difference.it could be or not.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:00:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Still don't think they are discontinuing. Just picked up my first .40 Glock a few weeks ago, and have since picked up 350-400 rds of Perfecta locally. Also in that time they restocked 9 and .40 and I picked up a few boxes of 9 while I was there as well.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 5:55:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Still don't think they are discontinuing. Just picked up my first .40 Glock a few weeks ago, and have since picked up 350-400 rds of Perfecta locally. Also in that time they restocked 9 and .40 and I picked up a few boxes of 9 while I was there as well.
View Quote

Maybe just is certain markets cause its gone up here
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:07:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gone up, as in price? Man I hope not, I can get Perfecta for a tad less than .21 cpr here. That's hard to beat even ordering online 1K at a time, unless the shipping is free.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:30:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Almost all of the 9mm I shot this past year was Perfecta. Good stuff and very affordable. $210 for 1k rounds out the door was nice.

Haven't seen it in a couple months.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Looked this morning and the WM I use only has .308 left.  The shelf tags for 9mm, .38, and .40 are no longer there.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:45:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Gone up, as in price? Man I hope not, I can get Perfecta for a tad less than .21 cpr here. That's hard to beat even ordering online 1K at a time, unless the shipping is free.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no. gone, up here

None available
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#42]
I've shot a ton of the 9mm, no problems, not bad for under $10 a box.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#43]
I still see it on the shelves at 3 WM's near me.  .223, 9mm, .380, and others.  Thought they were out of the .223, but like magic, POOF! it's back.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:39:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

no. gone, up here

None available
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no. gone, up here

None available

Oh, I gotcha now

#commalivesmatter
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:12:03 PM EDT
[#45]
They appear to have dropped Perfecta in the multi color boxes by me . The brown boxes are still in stock
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:16:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They appear to have dropped Perfecta in the multi color boxes by me . The brown boxes are still in stock
View Quote

Multicolor boxes? The only ones I have ever seen are the yellowish/brown box with the green lettering?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Multicolor boxes? The only ones I have ever seen are the yellowish/brown box with the green lettering?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is also Perfecta in yellow and red and white on a mainly black box .  Mainly rifle calibers
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Plenty of Perfecta in lots of calibers at several of the Walmart stores around me.

Can't beat the price of the 115g 9mm for factory ammo, not even in bulk from online dealers.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:26:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There is also Perfecta in yellow and red and white on a mainly black box . Mainly rifle calibers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is also Perfecta in yellow and red and white on a mainly black box . Mainly rifle calibers

Must be why ive never seen them, the WMs around here never had the rifle ammo in stock
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:27:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Can't beat the price of the 115g 9mm for factory ammo, not even in bulk from online dealers.
View Quote

That's why I keep stocked up on Perfecta, you can buy in whatever quantity you want and still get the same price as bulk.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top