Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2016 9:45:50 AM EDT
Looking at getting a case quantity , looks like good quality ammo, any issue with this round ?  Mostly for lever guns -Thanks
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought some a few years ago. It was pretty weak, so the wife liked it in her SP101.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Some lever guns are finicky on 38 special ammo.  Try a box first to see if your gun likes it.  My Rossi will feed anything but that's not always the case with 38/357 lever guns.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 3:44:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some lever guns are finicky on 38 special ammo.  Try a box first to see if your gun likes it.  My Rossi will feed anything but that's not always the case with 38/357 lever guns.
View Quote

The OAL is shorter at 1.435" compared to the 1.510"-1.535" length of other 38's I have ran. I works fine if I work the level a  "normal" speed. but if I work it hard and fast it will occasionally eject a live round, due to being short enough for the carrier to eject it through the guide slots. I only bought one box, and while it will feed, I won't buy more. There are other options in the same price range with longer OALs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top